17 - The Isle of Dragons

You and Seokjin ran.

You both ignored your injuries and exhaustion from before, knowing that if you slowed down, it would really be over.

The other creatures on the island ran with you. Seokjin stuck close to you and you felt as though the other creatures were running faster. No, you were running slower. Seokjin was still close to you and you knew that if you slowed down, he would too, then he would also be killed by the dragon. 

You noticed creatures that were once behind you speed past. You nudged Seokjin as you ran and pointed to the creatures. He nodded, understanding what you were implying. The two of you leaped onto the same creature, it ignored you, not caring enough to get you off of it and it carried you. You noticed that it was flying with cloud-like wings. You noticed it had scales and a long tail. It resembled the larger dragon except it was more grey and less on fire.

Is this another dragon? But it's so small.

You held on to the shoulders of the four-legged creature. Seokjin sat behind you, his body pressed up against your back with his arms wrapped around your waist. The creature carried you to a cliff, you peered over into the water below, noticing a huge ripple in the water as a new creature emerged. 

The dragon you were riding flew straight up to avoid the creature in the water, causing you to lose your grip on its shoulders and you and Seokjin fell. You both screamed crashing into the ground. You squeezed your eyes shot The fall was a lot softer than you expected, then you opened your eyes and noticed that you had fallen on top of Seokjin.

"Are you okay?" You questioned, quickly picking yourself up off of him.

"I'm fine," He replied coldly as if he hadn't been holding you moments before, getting off the ground as well.

Then you noticed a looming presence over you. You turned to look out at the edge of the cliff only to be met with the face of the other creature who had submerged out of the water.

Another dragon.

It resembled the one that looked like it was made of lava, except it looked like deep blue flowing water. And its eyes beamed a bright blue. You could even see what looked like fish swimming inside the dragon.

Seokjin, noticing the presence of the dragon as well, grabbed your shoulders and you both started walking backward staring up at the dragon in fear. The water dragon stared at the both of you as you stumbled over Seokjin's feet causing both of you to fall. 

You heard the scream of the other dragon, but this time it was louder. The water dragon looked at the other dragon, as did you and Seokjin. You and Seokjin stared in awe at the massive beasts in front of you. You couldn't tell whether you were feeling his pulse throbbing with fear or your own. 

The two dragons stared at each other intensely before the lava dragon turned back in the direction where it came from and the water dragon submerged itself under the water. You could feel your hands shaking, stunned at how well that ended.

"Y/N?" Seokjin spoke up.

You looked at him, staying silent. You could tell he was concerned and you couldn't help but throw your arms around his neck. He was stunned for a moment before returning the hug by wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Who are you?" a new voice cut in.

After noticing the arrival of a new presence Seokjin immediately placed his hands on your shoulders and yanked you away from him. You didn't know how long you stayed hugging him but you noticed that the sun was beginning to set as a stranger approached you.