18 - Strange Happenings

You really couldn't understand Seokjin. He had a tough shell that you wanted to crack. You wanted to see more of the kindness that seeped through every once in a while.

Thinking about it now, it seemed as though Seokjin and Jungkook had switched personalities ever since Worden attacked Vraitis.

You traveled through the forest for a while. You took extra care this time as to not be ambushed by any of the creatures on the island.

Eventually, you and Seokjin ended up at the base of the cliff where you had been attacked. It was the only lead you had on where the Earth dragons might've been. After searching the area for a while you sighed, sitting down on one of the rocks.

"This is exhausting," you whined.

"It was your idea," Seokjin remarked.

You groaned. He was right, you did do it to yourself. You were about to reply when suddenly the ground beneath you started shaking.

No, not the ground. The rock you were sitting on was shaking. You looked down, praying that you didn't anger the dragon too much.

It growled, shaking you off. You tumbled on the ground then quickly regained your balance and got up reaching for your sword. Then you remembered how Makao mentioned earth dragons being extremely durable so the sword might not be of any use and would just end up getting broken.

You got into a defensive fighting form like Jungkook had taught you as more of the dragons came out of hiding.

You held off the dragons for a while. Then you glanced at Seokjin, noticing him fighting off the dragons physically.

Was he not going to use his magic?

One of the dragons attacked from behind, biting your shirt and pulling you back. You quickly got the dragon off but left your front unprotected. One of the dragons leaped at you, slashing you across your torso, from your chest to your hip.

You screamed, hitting the ground and writhing in pain. Your breathing was shallow as you wheezed. The dragons ran off at the sound of your scream and Seokjin rushed to your side.

You closed your eyes and then they shot open again. You saw Hoseok instead of Seokjin and the inside of a tent rather than the outdoors.

Your hearing was distorted, you heard someone call out Yoongi's name and yours at the same time. Your vision blurred and you saw Seokjin's face instead of Hoseok's and the bright blue sky in place of the ceiling of the tent.

You realized you were soaked and submerged in water. Your hands trembled as you clenched onto Seokjin's shirt as he held you in water, making sure to keep your head above the surface while keeping your wound in the water.

You glanced around noticing that you were in a spring of water and your blood was flowing out of your open wound. You wheezed, having no idea what just happened.

"You're gonna be okay, Y/N," Seokjin murmured.

He carried you out of the water then quickly went to his bag. Pulling out some bandages that Penelope had lent to you. He unbuttoned your soaked shirt, but you were too dazed to care. He wrapped the bandages around your torso as gently as he could while still applying enough pressure to help with the bleeding.

This was the kind side of him that you rarely got to see. He brushed your wet hair out of your face and gently caressed your cheek. He then pulled a blanket out of his bag and wrapped you in it to warm you up from the water.

"Wa --" you rasped, feeling how dry your throat was you were unable to continue the sentence.

"Shhh," Seokjin responded, he gently propped you up against a tree trunk. He pulled out a flask from his bag and gently took placed his fingers under your chin, tilting your head up as he poured water into your mouth.