21 - Hope

"Taehyung, meet Y/N, my baby sister," Leon introduced.

"Hello, Y/N," Taehyung greeted sweetly.

You hid behind Leon as your mother read a book to Claudia on a bench nearby.

"Come on, don't be rude," Leon pulled you forward so that you were face to face with Taehyung.

"Be more gentle with her Leon, you can't force her to do anything she doesn't want to," Philomena reprimanded.

Taehyung watched you expectantly. You looked from him to Leon and Philomena and back.

"H-hello," you murmured.

"It's nice to meet you, wanna go play by the water fountain?"

You nodded vigorously in agreement and Leon, Taehyung, and yourself ran off to the water fountain together.

You were six years old then, Taehyung was ten.

Fifteen years.

That's how long you'd been friends. You spent those fifteen years telling him things about you that no one knew. You felt like you were an open book to him, but he just tore the pages out and used them as kindling.

You stayed in your tent for days. Vivian would leave food and water for you at the entrance of your tent and you would only eat when necessary.

You were unable to sleep, plagued by your memories with Taehyung and your sisters. One night you went to clear your mind by combat training in the woods by yourself. You practiced searching for any moments that gave away their betrayal but you couldn't find any.

At some point, you had destroyed the training dummy Jungkook left in the clearing completely so you practiced on the trees. The bark slashed and bruised your skin but you didn't care. Your memories of Taehyung continued bothering you so you kept hitting until you started bleeding.

You punched the tree one more time glaring at it as if it was Taehyung. You rested your head against the tree, panting from exhaustion. You slid down and turned to lean your back against the tree, bringing your knees up to your chest.

You stayed like that for a moment until you finally broke, sobbing into your knees. After about a minute you felt someone's warm arms wrap around you and pull you into a hug. You moved your knees away from your chest accepting the hug as you knelt on the ground. You rested your hands on their chest as you sobbed.

"Shhh, I'm here," you heard Hoseok murmur as he gently rubbed your back with one hand and rested the other on the back of your head.

You stayed like that calming down in his embrace. You gently pushed on his chest and he pulled away. Hoseok placed a hand on your should and rested the other on the side of your face, gently caressing your temple with his thumb.

"Hoseok," you began, your voice breaking.

"Yes?" he replied.

"You're not hiding anything from me right?"

"Of course not, Love."

You didn't want to believe him, your trust had been broken too many times. But the sincerity in his gaze convinced you that he was telling the truth. He gently leaned forward and closed his eyes as he rested his forehead against yours.

"I promise," he continued as if you needed more convincing.

Hoseok's warm and calming presence finally made you feel at ease. But your exhaustion crashed onto you like an ocean wave and you eventually fell asleep in his arms.