26 - Arrival

It was coming.

The day you would have to face against your worst enemy and someone who was once closest to you.

You rode on a boat, there were three other boats, Leon and Hoseok were on the other two. You stared out at the water while standing at the helm of the ship. There were clouds overhead and the air was crisp thanks to the seasons changing.

You were approaching Sayaria and you would arrive within the week. Jimin, Seokjin, Namjoon, and Jungkook would meet you there, but you knew that Worden would be ready for you. Philomena was incredibly smart and judging by how Worden held so much power for so long that the king wasn't someone to bat an eyelash at either.

The other kingdoms were far too easy to take back, so you guessed Worden focused their forces in Sayaria. You felt all of the pressure fall onto your shoulders. You were supposed to be the one to bring them to an end, yet you had no idea how to do it. Everyone was relying on you, you had no room to lose, not now.

You went back to your cabin on the ship while you thought about how you would liberate Sayaria from your sister and Worden. You still had a terrible feeling in your stomach, Philomena knew your weaknesses and you knew she would exploit them. She would try and use your relationships to her advantage, you had just hoped she didn't know how much you cared about the people you surrounded yourself with.

You went over the plan in your head. Though, there wasn't much direction. Really the idea was that you would lead the way through Sayaria and get to the castle where you could then take care of the king of Worden and Philomena. Once your forces got through the castle you would go alone while the others took care of the guards inside.

You hoped you would be able to get help from the people of Sayaria and that Jimin and Seokjin would make it in time. Otherwise, you'd be screwed because Worden would have focused all of their forces on Sayaria now that Worden was destroyed and everywhere else was taken back from them.

The fight could really go either way, it seemed as if you had the upper hand but they had to of planned for the fight to go this way. They must have something that can turn the tables so you needed to be wary going in.

♡◇♡◇♡

You arrived in Sayaria, most of your army stayed in a cavern hidden below an overhang of a cliff. Leon stayed behind with the troops while you and Hoseok left to meet Thomas and let him know about what you were planning. You led Hoseok through the streets of the Sayaria recalling the rotations of the soldiers from the past.

You and Hoseok hid in an alleyway together as rain poured down on you. You were frustrated, while the rain hid sounds you made you had to travel slower as the heavy water weighed both you and Hoseok down.

As you were about to sneak out of the alleyway Hoseok had grabbed your wrist and pulled you back. You crashed into his chest, as he pulled you further into the alley.

"What are you doing!?" You exclaimed in a hushed voice, just loud enough so he could hear you above the rain.

"There are too many guards out there," he replied, "We'll have to find another way."

"But Thomas's house is just there, we just have to make a run for it!" you stated.

"And risk incriminating him in the process? You need to think more thoroughly before you go running in someplace, guns a-blazing."

You sighed instead of replying.

"I understand you want to avenge your family and everything but this doesn't just concern you and your family," he continued, "This is a matter of war between several kingdoms, not just some family drama, and your impulsivity isn't helping anyone."

You looked at him slightly shocked. Hoseok had never been that straightforward with you and you hadn't expected him to say that. Though there was truth in his words you were still blind-sighted by your need for vengeance.

And that would bring your downfall.

♡◇♡◇♡

Hello!

I'm sorry for missing a few updates. Life has been hectic and I got behind on editing, plus I lost the inspiration to write for a while. I've been feeling a bit drained for the past few weeks but now I've gotten my energy back and I'm excited to continue writing.

Thank you so much for reading like always!