27 - Connection

You awoke to the sounds of screaming and shouting. The bandages over your ear had come off and you weren't used to being able to see out of both eyes so even the rainy stormclouds overhead were almost blinding to you.

"Yoongi!" a familiar voice shrieked.

What?

You saw Claudia approach you as she helped you sit up, your head was pounding and you could barely make out what she was saying. You felt the familiarity of a boat rocking violently as thunder boomed overhead.

Your eyes shot open and you sat up, gasping and panting for air. Fear had overcome you but you couldn't tell whether it was your own.

You looked around panicked, still unable to catch your breath. You felt as if the walls of your tent would close in and crush you. Your heart raced and you couldn't help but feel truly alone as so many emotions crashed onto you.

Was this what Yoongi was feeling?

Had he always felt like this?

---

The next few days were filled with planning your attack on Philomena in order to take back Sayaria. You used it as an excuse to shake the awful feeling in your gut that something happened to Yoongi. And while it worked during the day, you were kept up at night with a sense of dread as your wrists burned for reasons you could only guess.

Your siege of the Sayarian palace would begin at sundown the next day. You would go in alone at first to try and confuse your sister, making her only send in a few guards to capture you. Then Hoseok's army will follow. Meanwhile, using the chaos to their advantage, Leon is going to help the Sayarians stuck on the island escape to Vraitis with Thomas's help.

As you were gathering some extra supplies that were left on the boat with Leon, Hoseok, and a few others one of the soldiers had approached you.

"M'lady, a boat is approaching to the cavern, quickly," he said.

You looked towards the entrance of the cavern and squinted your eyes to make out who was aboard the ship. You gasped when you noticed familiar faces and dropped what you were doing to go greet them.

The boat docked and Jungkook stepped off to meet you halfway. You rushed over to him and embraced him, happy to see that they were okay.

He was shocked for a moment before returning the gesture and hugging you tightly.

"Miss me, Princess?" He said smugly.

"Oh, quiet," you replied as you let go and boarded the ship to greet Namjoon, who was gathering supplies left on the boat.

"It's good to see that you're alright," you said as you approached him.

He looked up at you and a corner of his lips lifted slightly.

"You too," he responded, "Hoseok's been treating you well, right?"

"Of course he has, when has he not?" You asked, rhetorically.

Namjoon nodded in response before returning to his work.

"I'm going to finish unpacking, we'll talk soon."

"Alright... let me know if you need any help then."

He nodded again and you left.

♡◇♡◇♡

That night you had trouble sleeping again. So many things were running through your mind, you were worried about Yoongi, and whether Jimin and Seokjin would make it on time, and you knew people would die tomorrow. You didn't want to lose anyone else, and you were worried about your brother not having anyone else with him, not to mention the plethora of things that could go wrong.

You sat up from the makeshift bed on the floor of your tent and rested your head in your hands, taking a deep breath to calm your anxieties for the coming war. You got up and exited your tent for fresh air.

You headed for the entrance of the cavern where the dragon was sleeping and sat down on the ground beside it. You still needed to come up with a name for it but you didn't want to get too attached just yet. 

Despite living through many wars between the several nations you were always far too young to understand why your father kept disappearing for war instead of taking you out to sea as he promised you many times as a child. Your mother would always be busy during those times and luckily nothing ever happened in Sayaria but this time was different.

You would be waging war against your own sister in your home. 

"What are you doing out here so late?" You heard Namjoon's deep voice and his heavy footsteps as he approached you from behind.

You looked up at him as he stood beside you and then looked back out at sea before sighing heavily.

"I'm just trying to plan out how to keep anyone from getting hurt." You stated solemnly.

"You know it's inevitable," he replied.

"I know it's just... what if Jungkook dies and Seokjin blames me for it, or if Hoseok dies and the entirety of Vraitis is against me, plus you and Jungkook would probably despise me. And if Jimin dies Claudia will hate me, and if something were to happen to Claudia or Leon..." You paused and looked down at the ground.  "I don't think I'd be able to live with myself."

"Y/N," he began, "No matter what happens, no one could ever hate you."

"You don't know that."

"We've already lost so much, what's a few more lives?" He said, almost jokingly.

You quickly turned to him and glared at him.

"How could you say that?"

"Sorry, that was a bit uncalled for."

"You think!?"

"What's got you so worried about all this now anyway?"

"I just... I have a bad feeling that something happened to Yoongi."

"You're probably just overthinking it, he's safe with Claudia and Vivian."

"You don't understand..."

"You're right I don't. So, explain it to me."

"I had a dream, or at least I think it was a dream... I- or Yoongi, was lying on the ground, and there was screaming and shouting... and lately, I keep feeling these random aches and pains like my wrists are chained up but they're not..."

"It's probably just a dream, and the pains are probably just from what your sister did to you."

You huffed in frustration,

"You're not listening to me."

"I am, and frankly it sounds like you're reading into it too much."

You glared at him before turning to leave back to your tent.

"Wait, where are you going?" he questioned as he followed you.

"To sleep, goodnight Namjoon."

♡◇♡◇♡

So...

I'm back.

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, it's been months and I'm really sorry about that. I've been busy with school and in my free time I've been playing Genshin Impact, not gonna lie. My mind is just filled with Thoma brain rot, I'll admit, it's a problem.

Anyways, thank you so much for sticking around and reading. I'll update more consistently but I won't stick to a specific schedule.

Oh, and also there's some bots posting links in the comments on some chapters, don't click them! I've been trying my best to go through and mute/delete the comments but I don't get notifications for every single comment on my stories so I might miss some.