𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 -- 𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎

𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕. 𝙽𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

I don’t think I’ve ever been so stressed before in my life.

Blood dripped down the side of my face, my hands shaking at my sides. My chest rose and fell with stuttering breaths and my heart tried to calm the persistent pounding in my body. The adrenaline was beginning to wear off, causing the cuts in my palms and on my face to sting. The entire room was filled with silence, the only sound being the shifting of the rubble behind me.

I was staring at the screen with a hopeful gaze. Aizawa, Midnight, All Might, and even Power Loader were all here, waiting with me. I was in anticipation, waiting for the moment I’d been standing here for. I felt my breath hitch when names started appearing on the screen.

Sugai Sachiko. 10th.

Toyoda Mariko. 9th.

Sakamoto Mitsuko. 8th.

Okawa Kameyo. 7th.

Taniguchi Shinju. 6th.

Ogawa Tadashi. 5th.

Miyashita Saki. 4th.

Sumida Hachiro. 3rd.

Hatanaka Tsutomu. 2nd.

It was all or nothing. The moment the next name would appear on the screen would determine everything. This is literally the factor that would decide if I could fight to save my family or not.

L/n Y/n. 1st.

I was swept into a pair of arms. Midnight hugged me close to her body, praises spilling from her lips. Aizawa and the rest followed after suit, the rest of the contestants leaving the arena, some pausing to ogle at the number one and two heroes who approached us.

“Alright L/n-kun,” Hawks said. “You won fair and square.”

Endeavor held a card out to me. I took it from him, looking at the plastic that held my name and information. And my hero name.

What are you talking about?” I turned my gaze to Bakugou. He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

“Every hero has to have a hero name, an alias,” He said. “To get your provisional license, you need a hero name.”