Chapter 9: Lenard's Date.

Lenard's POV

My name is Lenard Yulien and the boy who's walking with me is Lord Vincent von Wolford.

He's the son of a really prestigious Duke and is expected to be the fiancé of the first princess.

There's one problem.

I like Lord Vincent!

My heart is really beating so fast that I can't control it! Is this feeling normal between two... boys?

When did it all start?

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Hey, nerd, are you still reading those books?" (Lucas) asked me while looking bored holding his sword.

"No thanks... I think I'm good here." I told him and quickly went back into reading on how to make an elemental magic circle.

"Come on brother! Let's fight with swords instead! It is what makes a real man! Not books ew. We already awakened our magic so we just need to chant some stuff then we can BURN all the things that's in our way!" (Lucas) grabs me in a chokehold.

"Hey, cut that out!" I yelled and pushed his arm off of me. That really hurt my neck.

"Tsk, you're no fun." (Lucas) told me as he swung his sword before pointing it at me. "I wonder why are we even twins? You're so weak and so boring."

I looked down at my book, the pages were a bit worn out but still... His words hurt me. "Father said in order to be a great man you must be strong! And you must be brave! And be merciless on the battlefield! I'll be joining the Royal Knights so I can make my father proud! Now, what will you do in order to make your father proud, Lenard?"

"I-I... I could be a scholar or a professor... F-Father will be proud of me." I told him and he laughed.

"Yeah right, a nerd. Good luck with that. Books are stupid anyways." (Lucas) took away my book and threw it aside. I glared at him and was about to shout but... what would I even say?

"Listen here. You'll be an insignificant half of me and you'll be worthless soon. Father will see how much of a better son I am than you, big brother." (Lucas) laughs as he turns around but he accidentally bumps into someone and curses.

"Tch, watch where you're going you– Lord Vincent." (Lucas) was surprised as well but immediately shrugged it off and began acting friendly with him. "What are you here for? Lord Vincent?"

Lucas is acting like that because we're just sons of a Viscount... and Lord Vincent's father is a really important person with high power in all Puronia. He's the son of Duke Wolford and a genius Mage who has defeated so many monsters in his prime!

Lord Vincent glared at Lucas before answering, "I am merely here because my father ordered me to."

Ah right... To make connections and things. Lucas is more good at that than me. I just usually hide in the corner when we're invited to parties. I hate large crowds of nobles asking me how my day was. And how am I? Complimenting me here and there but I know they all want something behind those.