4

Tubbo adjusted the straps of Michael's overalls before taking a step back.

"Aren't you a handsome boy?" He cooed to the infant leaving kisses on his cheeks. The sweet giggles of his son, the gentle snorts, this was where the boy belonged.

Ranboo stood against the door frame watching his family. He knew how hard this was on his partner and it brought him pain knowing they could lose their son.

"We gotta go bo." He said snapping his husband out of his trance. The piglin baby looked out and squealed lifting up his arms.

"Hi Michael." Ranboo lifted him into his arms as the boy nuzzle his face into his chest. His small fingers clenched his fathers shirt.

-

"You are in room three, she's not here just yet." The lady told them not looking up from her book.

"Okay thank you." Ranboo led the small family to the room.

"Look Michael they have cars." Tubbo sat on the floor with the baby handing him the toy car.

Michael reached down and hit the car on the ground.

Ranboo sat down and slide a car on the floor. Michael watched in awe trying to copy his motions.

"Good job bud." Tubbo kissed his head.

Michael looked up at him smiling, a soft snort entered the air.

-

"I got you a present." The birth mother said putting a bag in front of him.

Michael didn't let her touch him, he wouldn't even move off of Tubbo's lap no matter how much they tried. The times she offered him a toy ended in soft cries and clinging to his papa.

Tubbo pulled it closer. "Go ahead Michael, look what's inside."

Michael grabbed the tissue paper thrashing it around laughing. Ranboo reached over taking the tissue paper to be safe.

Tubbo reached in and handed Michael the toy. "Look you got a monkey."

Michael switched it from hand to hand gently hugging the monkey.

"I'm glad you like it Michael." She reached over and gently touched his hooves.

He pulled his legs back whining.

"It'll get better." Tubbo said internally hoping it never would.