7. Tri Wizard Tournament

Everyone was waiting in the Great Hall after a rather uneventful train ride, Harry had to admit it, it was rather boring Pansy was being annoying trying to get Draco to sit with her so then they could cuddle like a couple but sadly she knew she couldn't have him but that didn't mean she couldn't try right.

Everyone had heard about what happened to Hermione and were keeping a great distance from her, they didn't like it that she had tried to hurt Harry last year and then there was the whole rumour that she was now a Werewolf after interfering in something she shouldn't of been in, Harry, Blaise, Theo and Draco couldn't of helped it even if they tried they had been dragged into the mess and without the correct help they could of died but they weren't.

Hermione was pushed to the other end of the table near to the first years that had just finished getting sorted, she was a fourth year but she was being cast out, it hadn't been decided that she was as of yet so Lady Magic kept watch for the time being.

After everyone had had their fill of dinner Tom stood up and did a welcoming speech:

 **"Welcome back to the older years of Hogwarts and I welcome our new students in to Hogwarts, my name is Tomas Malakai Sötétség the Headmaster of the school, I have only been here for a year so as I help you learn and grow I hope you do the same with me.

Mr. Flich , the caretaker has asked me to tell you that there is a list of objects that are forbidden inside Hogwarts and has been extended to include Screaming Yoyo's, Fanged Frisbees and Ever Blasting Boomerangs, the full list is on the board next to his office, the list now stands at four hundred and thirty seven items.

Please reframe to stay out of the forest in the grounds as they are out of bounds and some of you should  care to remember that, those of you who are luckily in third year and above you are allowed to the village of Hogsmeade, sadly those of you below it is out of bounds for you until then.

Sadly for all you Quidditch lovers out there and I mean 2nd years who wanted to try out and the older years there will be no Quidditch this year..." the twins made sure to boo at this as well as many others who weren't happy about it but Tom carried on regardless.

"...this is due to an event that will be starting in October and continuing though out the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts..."

But at that moment, there was a deafening rumble of thunder, and the doors of the Great Hall banged open. A man stood in the doorway, leaning upon a long staff, shrouded in a black traveling cloak. Every head in the Great Hall swivelled towards the stranger, suddenly brightly illuminated by a fork of lightning that flashed across the ceiling. He lowered his hood, shook out a long mane of grizzled, dark grey hair, and then began to walk up towards the teachers table.

A dull clunk echoed through the Hall on his ever other step. He reached the end of the top table, turned right and limped heavily towards Tom, another flash of lightning crossed the ceiling.

The lightning had thrown the man's face into a sharp relief.

The stranger reached Tom making him smile at who it was but he kept it to himself. He stretched out a hand that was as badly scarred as his face, and Tom shook it, muttering something. He seemed to be making some kind if enquiry of the stranger who shook his head unsmilingly and replied in an undertone. Tom just smiled slightly and nodded he gestured the man to an empty seat on his right-hand side.

"May I introduce our new Defence against the Dark Arts Teacher," said Tom brightly, into the silence, "Professor Alastor Moody." he so wanted to 

"As I was saying," he said smiling at the sea of students before him, all of whom were still gazing transfixed at Mad Eye Moody, "we are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event which has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year,"