Chapter 37

Reminder: Perform your salahs before reading this. Also, make dua for me as I'm trying to get into a good college this year. Due to some reasons I couldn't get into a good institution last year despite having scored 90+ in my boards but I've my fingers crossed this time. So please please please remember me in your duas. JazakAllah🤍

Ashiya's PoV:

I opened my eyes on hearing the alarm clock and found Ahan already awake. He had just come out of the bathroom when he saw me and smiled. I ran my hand through my hair to make sure it didn't look like a bird's nest.

"Has the adhaan been called?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Nope, but it will be in a couple of minutes," he answered as he took out two prayer mats from his wardrobe, brown and black each. I got up and went to the bathroom to do wudu for salah.

I came out a few minutes later when the adhaan was still going on. Ahan had already laid out the prayer mats on the floor and was waiting for me. We began our prayers with Ahan leading me, his voice sounding so smooth and soft as he recited the surahs.

There was something so peaceful and soothing I felt when I lowered my head in prostration. I thanked Allah for everything, especially for blessing me with this amazing man as my spouse. I prayed for our togetherness, in this world and in the hereafter and asked for guidance in the new chapter of my life. I begged Allah to always keep us striving in our faith, to make us coolness for each other's eyes and to let us stay away from shaytaan's trap.

When we were done, Ahan told me to get some more sleep since it was too early for breakfast and I nodded. I don't know why but I didn't expect him to join me in bed and when he did, I frowned at him.

Last night, after he was done teasing me, we slept far enough from each other on the bed. He even kept a pillow in the middle to make sure that he didn't trespass my personal space and make me uncomfortable. Sweet.

"You didn't expect me to sleep on the floor, did you?" He asked and I realised I had been frowning all along. I looked away immediately and shook my head in negative. "Good," he laid down and faced me, "I hope you slept well last night."

"Yes, although it felt a little weird," I answered truthfully.

"I know," he nodded and placed his hand on mine, "it must be difficult for you to adapt to this new lifestyle. But don't worry, you'll get used to it." I looked into his eyes and they seemed so sincere and warm. He was staring at me like he could see through me and surprisingly I didn't feel intimidated by that. I knew he meant what he said and that comforted me to a great extent. "Sleep," he whispered as he started massaging my scalp and within a couple of minutes I found myself deep in slumber.

.

.

.

I was trying to pin up my white dupatta on my shoulder when I heard the bedroom door being opened. Ahan entered with his eyes focused on his cellphone. He was wearing a casual white tee shirt with navy blue jeans. His hair was combed perfectly, making him look hot. The half sleeves of his tee allowed me to take a peek at his well built veiny arms. His shoulders looked broader somehow and I imagined what lay beneath that layer of cloth... Astagfirullah! I shook my head to shake those thoughts away. I was so focused on checking him out that I didn't pay attention to the pin in my hand. It poked into my right thumb and the dupatta fell from my hands."Ah," I gasped as I saw blood oozing out of my thumb.

"Shitt," Ahan cussed and I looked up to see him approaching me with a worried look on his face. "Where was your attention, woman?" He took hold of my hand and dragged me to the bathroom. He washed the wound and dragged me back to the room. Making me sit on the bed, he went to the cupboard and took out a first aid box.

"It's no big deal, Ahan," I tried to say but he shushed me and put a bandaid on my thumb. He was sitting beside me and his face still held a worried expression that made him look hella cute.

"What?" He frowned as he looked up at me.

"What?" I shrugged making him narrow his eyes.

"Why are you smiling?" He had his eyebrow raised and I giggled at that. For some reason, I felt like someone was tickling my insides so I giggled louder.
"What is it?" His frown had disappeared by now and he was smiling at me, though still confused.

"Nothing," I managed to say between the fits of laughter, "it's just that you look cute when you're worried." That made him laugh as he shook his head. His eyes twinkled and he looked like a carefree child with a bright smile revealing his perfect set of teeth.

"Ashiya Zarin, you really are something," he mused and kissed my forehead.

Later, when we descended the stairs and went to the dining table for breakfast, people were already seated there. Ayan and Arhaan were grinning at us and Khala was smiling. Ahan went to take his seat beside Arhaan and I sat beside Khala.

"Salaam, Bhabhi," I heard Ayan and looked up to see him wiggling his eyebrows at me. I could see Ahan shaking his head but I greeted him back nonetheless. "Hope you are liking it here, Bhabhi."

"Will you stop already?" Ahan rolled his eyes and received an innocent pout from Ayan.

"Don't make her uncomfortable," Khala scolded him and he murmured something under his breath but nodded.
"So tell me Ashu, did you sleep well?" She asked and I nodded at her. "You must be tired from yesterday's hectic rituals," she looked sympathetically at me.

"No no, they weren't that bad," I assured her and she smiled. She then told me about how much she loved the food which was served after the nikah, how she found the floral decoration to be so elegant, and how my relatives had been extremely warm and welcoming towards them. I smiled and nodded at everything she said but I could sense a pair of eyes boring holes into my skull. I tried to ignore him but failed. Finally, I turned my head to look at him and the intensity in his eyes brought goosebumps to my skin. I remembered the incidents of last night and flushed immediately. What would have happened if I hadn't stopped him...?

"...what do you think?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and realised I had been questioned about something by Mariam Khala. Of course I had no idea about what she had just said so I blinked like an idiot. She took the clue and repeated, "I said that you should leave for the parlor at least three hours before the function starts."

"Which function, Khala?"

"Your Walima," she answered and I made and O with my mouth. "It's tomorrow and I have told Ruqaiya to get your outfit ready. I can't wait to see you all dolled up in it, you know...," She clapped her hands like a teenager and I chuckled. "And you people," she turned to the boys with a serious expression on her face, "I want everything to be perfect tomorrow so don't you dare make any mistakes in terms of arrangements."

"Ma'am, yes Ma'am," Arhaan replied like a soldier and we shared a laugh.

___________________________________________

Walima: Reception
Shaytaan: Devil

Please don't forget to like and comment. Thank you ❤️