53-54

C-53

In the kitchen.

Shen Zhu walked in and looked around. It was a very spacious place, and all sorts of tools were in use. There were even many rare spices in the village, just that …

Her gaze landed on the long table. The chopping board that should have been filled with ingredients was empty and clean to the point of making one's hair stand.

Other than some old and wrinkled vegetables, there were only two baskets on the floor. The baskets were slightly deeper than the ordinary vegetable baskets, and there was a cloth covering the top of the baskets, as if there was something inside.

"This … how come all the ingredients in the kitchen look like this?" Aunt Liu looked at the pile of cabbage and radishes in the corner, and his face immediately turned extremely ugly.

Her gaze landed on the two baskets at the corner of the table. She took a few steps forward and lifted the cloth covering the baskets, causing her face to instantly change.

She stared at the big bug shaped, dark-red item in the basket, and instantly became angry, she did not even need to think to know that it was Zhuer's doing. Other than her, no one else had the guts to do so.

"This Zhuer actually brought the lobsters to the big kitchen! How could such a thing be placed at Master's table? She really went too far this time! " said angrily.

After Shen Zhu heard this, his expression became happy. She quickly stepped forward and stood beside the Aunt Liu, looking over suspiciously. The last time he went to Hundred Fragrance House, he heard the chefs in the kitchen call them lobsters.

Thinking about that, she looked towards the direction of Aunt Liu's hand gesture and saw that the dark red item in the basket waving pincers was actually the little lobsters.

As Shen Zhu looked at the lively little lobsters, he had an idea in his heart.

This lunch had finally arrived.

"This Zhuer is too much, I will go and find her right now!" The Aunt Liu stared at the little lobsters in the basket and became more and more angry, he then started to walk out.

This was the first time Shen Zhu cooked for the main house. If the food wasn't fresh, how could he make more? Zhuer was simply messing around.

"Aunt, forget it. The dog bit me. Do you think I will bite it back?" Shen Zhu immediately pulled Aunt Liu.

She scoffed at Zhuer's actions in her heart.

"How can we just let it go like this? How are you going to cook without ingredients? Zhuer is obviously deliberately making things difficult for you! " Aunt Liu frowned as he spoke.

"It doesn't matter, these ingredients are enough." Shen Zhu picked up the two baskets and smiled confidently.

Seeing that Shen Zhu was not angry, Aunt Liu felt it was strange, and, how did he say it? Looking at Shen Zhu's expression, it seemed that he was happy?

Could he have gone stupid?

Aunt Liu thought that it was her first time seeing this kind of thing, and immediately explained: "Yue Niang, you cannot use this kind of meat, these things are usually only used as decorations in restaurants or in the dishes of powerful families …"

Shen Zhu suddenly understood and nodded her head, thinking: I thought that in a restaurant with such a famous Hundred Fragrance House, why is there no crayfish on the menu, and it turned out that it was for such a reason, no wonder Zhou Muqing was so surprised when she ate the crayfish that she made last time.