Mia

Needless to say, Lucas won the challenge, and I left Binarid shaking and trembling and trying to hold back my screams. Lucas though looked like he was having the time of his life, torturing me right in front of his employees and if I was correct there were a few investors too. In my defense, he neither took it easy on me nor played fair.

After picking up the kids, I got home limp as a noodle, unable to move my trembling legs. With an evil and smug grin of satisfaction, Lucas carried me in his arms upstairs, that itself was more than enough consolation even though I still wanted to kick him.

The kids were more than understanding when Lucas told them I was not feeling well and I would have to take the evening off to rest. And as part of my reward for being his good girl, I got to have dinner made by my boyfriend and eat it from his own hands. The rest of my consolation price though, I got after Lucas put the kids to bed.

The rest of the week seemed to drag on, with everyone excited about Mia's arrival which was due Friday. She had called me twice since Monday and Lilian had called too. We seemed to be bonding faster and they had even given me a chance to choose where we would shop when Mia returned.

Work was heavy on Lucas through the week. I could tell from how tired and stressed he looked every day he returned. He did make time for me and the kids, but the rest of the time he was in his office working all night. I could tell it was from all the problems at his branch in Millan and I hated to see him so worked up, but he refused my help every time I offered, saying he was fine. I knew he wasn't so when he offered to go pick Mia when she arrived Friday night, I refused sternly and asked him to rest with that time. He was really stubborn at first, but with my insistence, he reluctantly agreed to stay home, while I took the kids to the airport to get her.

"Aunt Mia!" Abby and Aiden squealed at the top of their voices as she came through the baggage claim. She turned around and gave a beaming smile. Her blue eyes were bright with excitement and I knew she was putting a good effort to walk instead of race into the kids waiting arms.

She looked the simplest I had ever seen her, a blue pair of jeans and an ash button-down sweater and of course her contagious smile and positivity.

Benard went for her luggage as she slid to the ground and hugged Aiden and Aby that had not stopped their excited screams since she came into view. "My little angels," she wrapped them in a tight hug that lasted seconds as she said a million times how much she had missed them. For a second I almost forgot Mia was like their mother since she had raised them and it must have been hard for her to be away from them for so long.

She placed many kisses all over their faces until their giggles came out as screams. "God I've missed you both so much," another row of kisses.

"Chris," she cried, as she got to her feet and hugged me too.

"How have you been Mia," I asked as she released me from her warm hug.

"I don't know how I've been fine these last few weeks, but right now I feel like I'm about to burst with excitement at seeing you all, especially my princess and genius." she looked down at them, they stood closely next to her and she blew them each a kiss. "where's the asshole,"

I snorted, and before I could answer, Abby asked, "aunt Mia, who is asso?"

"It's daddy" Aiden answered, "that's what aunt Mia and Lilian call daddy," he said proudly.

Mia and I shared an amused look, she was trying to hold back her laughter just like me. I leaned down to correct him before we both got into some serious trouble, "Hey buddy, that is just a nickname your aunt had for you daddy before, but right now he is no longer that. His new nickname is now gentleman,"