Sister's tease

"What the fuck is going on here?" Mia asked as she stalked towards Lucas and me slowly.

"I missed you, little sister," Lucas said, with his hand wrapped firmly around me. I thought of pulling back, but from the look she gave me, I knew my safest haven was right here in his arms.

"Save that for later," she raised a hand to stop him.

"Mia, please calm down," I said as she walked closer.

"Calm down?" She barked a peal of laughter, "Do not fucking ask me to calm down, I trusted you with my family and I come back to see you have snatched them away from me,"

"Watch yourself, Mia," Lucas growled with a frown.

"Mia," I said in a pleading tone, "you know that's not true, I would never do that to you,"

"Tell me what's true, why would you take advantage of them like that. I really thought we were friends,"

"Chris does not owe you an explanation Mia, you are my sister but you do not dictate how my life would go." Lucas released his grip around me, but only so he could hold my hand tighter, "And since I have not done a formal introduction, Mia, meet Chris, my girlfriend," her frown deepened as he said the word girlfriend, "Muffin," he turned to me with a smile, "meet my baby sister, Mia,"

"You know what," she shook her head tersely as if she was still trying to understand what was happening, "I am not doing this, I hired you so you can take care of the kids in my absence, well news flash, I am back. So you go upstairs pack up your shit and get the fuck out of here right now."

"Mia listen to me for a second..." I said as my eyes stung with tears.

"She is not going anywhere Mia," Lucas interjected, "I do not know what the fuck has come over you, but you need to get your head straight and realize that this is my house. I decide who stays, and Chris is not going to move an inch."

"Great, I guess then I would take your silent hint and leave," she turned to leave, but Lucas shot his hand put and stopped her.

"I am not asking you to leave Mia," he said in a strained voice, "I would never do that to you,"

She smirked and folded her hands across her chest, "I'm glad she has not completely taken you from me and you still know who's more important in your life,"

"What does that even mean?" I retorted.

"It means that there is room for only one of us here, you leave or I will."

I was ready to burst out in tears at how the evening had turned around so quickly, beside me Lucas looked just as shocked and confused as me. His fists were clenched and he looked like he would pounce on Mia any second.

Meanwhile, Mia was suddenly red with amusement and she burst out laughing just as I held Lucas back from launching at her. Lucas and I watched with confusion as she rolled with laughter, clutching her stomach until she was almost breathless. "You should both see your faces right now," she managed to say when she stopped laughing, "God I should be an actress, because damn."

"What the hell was that about Mia?" Lucas asked, impatience and anger coloring his tone.

"That's what you both get for not telling me that I was getting a new sister," she wagged a finger in his face. "and Chris, I cannot believe you would actually think I would not want you to be my brother's girlfriend, I have been waiting for this day since you set foot here,"

"That was not a funny joke Mia," I swatted her arm.

"Not for one minute," Lucas said, still holding my hand and wearing a frown on his face.