Chapter 20

I sprayed myself with my favorite perfume, feeling nervous about the evening ahead

My hair was put away from my face, sitting in a neat up-do Beth had helped me achieve. I decided to wear a white cocktail dress, stopping just above my knees and exposing just the right amount of cleavage. Not so much my brother would throw a blanket over me, and not so little I'd feel like a priest. For shoes, I had stolen Beth's pair of silver, strappy heels. Overall, I looked good. The sad thing was that my ''boyfriend'' wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

Y'know, because he's gay...

But, oh, well.

''You're taking forever!'' My brother belted from downstairs, being his usual impatient self. ''They'll be here in a few mins!''

Hold up.

They?

Who the hell are they?

''Who's they?!'' I belted right back at him, standing in front of my mirror.

''Tyler, Hunter, and Brittany!'' Bethany replied, walking past my door.

What the actual fuck?!

The doorbell rang and I could hear Grayson rushing to open it. My heart was thudding out of my chest and I couldn't handle the sudden anxiety I was feeling. What was I supposed to do now?!

''Scar, go get Benji from the nursery and get your asses down here!'' Grayson called. I smoothed my dress one last time before gulping and heading to Benji's room.

***

Carrying Benji down the stairs, I couldn't help but dread the outcome of tonight. How was I supposed to act around Brittany? Hunter and I had finally sorted our differences and I knew it wasn't casual between us...

I mean,

We watched 'Friends' together!

Benji gurgled in my grip and I shook myself out of my thoughts, patting the little child lightly as we walked down the hallway. ''Oh, Benji...I wish I were you right now'' I sighed, just before entering the spacious dining room. The table was set beautifully, which wasn't a surprise. Bethany was up bright and early, cooking up a storm.

Speaking of Bethany, she looked absolutely gorgeous. Her dark brown hair was in a similar up-do to mine. She was wearing a cute, red sundress that stopped at her knees and black, platform sandals.  I admired her cute, youthful look as I neared her with Benji in my arms.

I refused to look at the guests, trying to calm my nerves.

''Benji, baby!'' Bethany gushed as she took Benji from my arms. ''And look at you, Scar! So beautiful!'' She scanned me with a glint in her eyes. She turned her head, finding Tyler with her gaze, ''Isn't Scarlett absolutely gorgeous tonight, Tyler?!''.