Chapter 28

Ian's Pov

She lay sleeping on my chest, her heart beating against mine. Her intoxicating lavender smell wafted up my nostrils as she snuggled closer to me, wrapping one arm around my waist and burying her head in my neck.

A small smile curled up my lips seeing her like this, the fiery queen in a calm state. Not an everyday picture you get to see but I liked her both ways because I adored her, every single part of her.

Yesterday night after she fell asleep I removed the bothersome pillows that divided the bed. And when I woke up Hailey had rolled on to my side with her body lying on top of me.

In that moment I knew I wanted my everyday to be like this, her in my embrace. Smiling at the thought, I landed a soft kiss on her forehead and tucked a loose strand behind her ear, clearing her beautiful face of any obstacle.

Then suddenly she stirred in her sleep.

Knowing that she would get furious seeing our sleeping posture I quickly closed my eyes back, pretending to be in a deep sleep.

I felt her keep a hand on my chest and lift herself off of me. "Oh my god! What the-" Her voice came in a mortified tone and I struggled to keep my grin hidden.

"Ahhhhhhhh" She screamed and my eyes sprang open. Seeing me open my eyes she screamed again and quickly rolled on to her side of the bed.

"Please let this be a dream, let this be a dream" She prayed and I bit my lip to stifle my laughter.

"Were you sleeping on top of me?" I asked in a fake accusing tone as I pulled myself into a sitting position.

She snapped. "No I wasn't"

"You were. You even kicked the pillows away" I pointed to the pillows which were lying on the floor.

"That" Her stunned eyes stared at the pillows. "wasn't me"

"It has to be you. You are the one who rolled to my side. So much for no touching" I gave her an accusing look and her lips formed into a pout, trying to recall any of last night's memories.

But all I wanted at that moment was to kiss her pout, pull her back into my arms and go to sleep.

"No I didn't throw them away" She shook her head.

"You did. And if I wanted to throw the pillows away and touch you, shouldn't I be in your part of the bed?"

She sniffled. "True"

"So" I smirked. "You broke the deal. No more pillows from now on"

At that she shot me glare. "I know you did something, you scheming Kingston" She sat upright on the bed and raised her chin up, trying to look intimidating. "And this will be the last time I lose to you"

I smiled. "We'll see about that"

She set her jaw and huffed angrily before dramatically getting out of bed and striding towards the bathroom.

I couldn't help but chuckle. Everything in my life has changed for the better after meeting her. I smile more often, I laugh more often, I get angry far less. And so I knew I made the right choice when I made her mine.

A knock sounded on the door and my head turned, my brows furrowing in confusion. Then remembering there was another woman inside my house, I groaned and got out.

I threw the door open and a meekly woman stood outside, cowering in fear.

I rolled my eyes. "What?"

"B-breakfast is ready" She stammered.

"Fine" I started closing the door back but the woman stayed still on her spot, biting her lips anxiously.