The Plan

Subaru, Mamoru and Beatrice were the only ones in the hotel they were staying at, so this was the perfect chance to tell Beatrice what they were going to do.

Beatrice: Before we start, which one of you made this plan of yours?

Mamoru: Me.

Beatrice: That's good, I suppose.

Subaru: Wait, what if I was the one who made it?

Beatrice: Betty would leave this room then.

Subaru: Argh! Why are you so cruel to me?!

Mamoru: A-Anyway! Let's start with telling you the problem at hand.

Beatrice: Which is? It can't be that bad, I suppose.

Mamoru: The White Whale and the Sin Archbishop of Sloth and Gluttony.

Beatrice:.....That is pretty bad, in fact.

Mamoru: Atleast we have the element of suprise.

Beatrice: Could you be atleast a bit more specific? Betty wants to know whether we have to confront them all together or not.

Mamoru: We can take on the White Whale before the Archbishops, but the Archbishops will have to be taken care off at the same time.

Beatrice closed her eyes as she thought about the information she had just recieved, on paper this was the worst possible scenario. Seriously, a Great Mabeast that has been running wild for 400 years and two seperate Sin Archbishops, two for gods sake!

Beatrice: So? What's the plan here? Betty doesn't see a way to win against them all, I suppose.

Mamoru: No, i'd say this is going to be pretty simple. One of the Royal Canditates is trying to hunt the White Whale for popularity, so if we give her information on where the whale is, she'll be in our debt and we'd be able to convience her to send an army to fight Sloth.

Beatrice: But, by the time we have to fight Gluttony, you'll be exhausted, in fact.

Mamoru: Oh, I won't be helping against the White Whale or Sloth, i'll be saving myself to fight Gluttony.

Beatrice:....You mentioned something about an army. Mind explaining that in a bit more detail?

*1 long explaination later*

Subaru: And that's how we're going to defeat them all.

Beatrice: That's nice, but why isn't Betty involved in this plan?

Mamoru: I would rather save your large mana reserves for something else.

Beatrice:....Huh?

Mamoru: Huh?

Beatrice: Hu-

Subaru: We're NOT doing this again!

Mamoru: Yea yea. Sorry.

Beatrice: So, we have to fight a Great Mabeast, correct?

Mamoru: Yes.

Beatrice: Including two Sin Archbishops who control powerful magic, correct?

Mamoru: Yes.

Beatrice: And we have to fight those two Archbishops at the same time, correct?

Mamoru: Yes.

Beatrice: So tell me, how is this not the perfect time to use it?

Mamoru sat there in silence for a moment, until a frown appeared on his face.