Chapter 21

Oct:19th; 2:32am; Avengers Tower

"JAMES BUCKY BARNES!" I heard Sam yelling through the doors. Bucky started screaming again, as if he was in pain. "Ugh." I groaned and got up. Venom was still asleep, which I was happy about, so he wouldn't make those stupid comments again.

I opened my door, surprised by the sudden silence, and then got in the room near mine. The door opened a bit, and I saw Sam with fear in his eyes, looking in front of him. "Oh shit." He whispered. I opened the door fully, and saw Bucky standing there, staring at Sam while forming his metal hand into a fist. His eyes were dark, and there was no sign of the old Bucky in them. Then I understood why Sam was scared: In front of him wasn't Bucky, it was the winter soldier.

"Sam, get out." I said quietly, my eyes not leaving the soldier. "No, forget it, I won't leave you alone." Suddenly the assassin looked at me, and started running towards me. Sam ran in between us, but James punched him away with his metal arm, knocking Wilson out.

"Venom?" I said quietly, slowly starting to panic. James put his arm in the air, and was about to punch, but I dodged his fist. He kept trying, but I avoided him by jumping, bowing, sliding to the side. But after some time I started getting tired, and prayed for someone to come.

I became inattentive, and he hit my face. I fell to the ground, and wanted to crawl away, tears filled my eyes. Bucky came closer, and kicked me in the stomach, causing me to turn on my back. He sat on top of me, and started punching. I almost passed out, when suddenly the soldier flew against the wall, black slimy tentacles holding his hands and feet. He tried getting out of the grip, but he was to week. "Did I oversleep?" Venom, who finally woke up, asked sarcastically. I sighed and let my head fell on the ground. My nose was bleeding, and the vision on my left eye got blurry.

"Could you help me out?" I asked, almost choking on my own words. "Of course." The nose bleeding stopped, the pain in my stomach almost fully disappeared, and I was able to see better through both of my eyes. I slowly got up, holding my head and groaned.

I looked at the wall, and noticed that the soldier was still there, fighting Venom. "Jarvis, we need a doctor for Wilson, and call Steve." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and tilt my head. "That is like the third time you tried killing me." I sighed.

"Do you think, knocking him out, would help?" I asked the parasite. "I don't know, but I wouldn't mind, punching him in the face." He said and I smiled. "Okay, here we go." I cracked my knuckles and cracked my neck. "Don't take it personally." I smirked, and punched him with a little help from Venom, unconscious.

I didn't show it, but I was slightly scared of Barnes. Not only that he caused me PTSD, but he tried killing me for a few times now. I waited for him to wake up, while looking after Sam, who still was knocked out.

After like five more minutes, a doctor and Steve burst into the room. "Oh my god, Mórrígan, are you okay?!" Steve asked and rushed over to me. "Don't worry about me, I am fine, but Sam got hit pretty hard." I said while looking at the doctor and gesturing to Sam. He kneeled next to him, and checked his pulse. "Can I drop him now?" Venom asked me, reminding me of Barnes. "Maybe you should also check on Bucky. I'll just let him down, GENTLE." I said while turning to the assassin.

Venom scoffed, put then placed the still unconscious Bucky on the ground. "What happened to him?" Steve asked, while crawling over to James. "I thought that maybe if I hit him, he will come back to normal." I said while looking at the ground, hiding my laugh with a cough.

"Steve? What happened?" Bucky sat up, holding his head with his normal hand. Bucky and Steve both looked at me, and I turned around, looking at the doctor. "Let me help you." I came closer, and Venom grabbed Sam. 'Helping the doctor' was actually just an excuse to not talk to James. I wouldn't be able to look him in the eyes after what just happened, sounds awful, I know. He acted the same way, like 3 years ago, when he killed me.

I left the room, the little doctor walking next to me, cleaning his big round glasses. I took a deep breath, trying to forget what just happened.

Bucky's POV

Mórrígan just left, without looking back at me once. I looked at my metal hand, and sighed. "What happened Bucky?" Steve asked me, sitting across me on the floor, his hand on my right shoulder. "It happened again." I said quietly, and looked up at him with a sad smile.

"What happened again?" He asked me, confused. I looked back down, to hide the tears which started to form. "I almost killed her- exactly the way I almost did 3 years ago. When I was the winter soldier." My voice broke multiple times during talking.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, slightly backing off. "Remember when she said, the winter soldier almost killed her? It was 2012 I -" I tried to calm down, before talking again. I took a deep breath and started playing with my fingers. "I kicked her when she laid on the ground. I sat on top of her, and punched her multiple times while she begged me to stop. Then I shoot her."

I looked Steve in the eyes, a single tear falling down on my cheek. "I just did the exact same thing, a few minutes ago." Without saying anything, Steve pulled me into a hug, and I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

That's when I realized what I was, what I am and what I always will be: 
a monster.

A/N:

A few chapters ago, I thanked you guys, for 900 reads, Today I woke up, with lots of new comments, 15 notifications and almost 4k reads. I- I am speechless and have no Idea how the hell I could thank all of you.

Thank you so much for your support, and lovely comments<3 

Stay safe<3