16

'There is no need to be nervous. She invited me over'.
You take a deep breath.
'She wants you to be here'.

Eyes lying on the door in front of you you raise your hand to knock, your hand shaking slightly when it meets the wood and you bite your tongue when her voice calls you in.
Alcina sounds annoyed for some reason and when you finally see her, sitting on the chair in front of her dressing table, you notice that she really does not look amused at all.

,,Is everything okay?", you ask her and she looks at you through the mirror, her eyes visibly softening when they meet yours.
,,Yes. Take a seat", she says and you walk over to her bed, slowly sitting down on the edge of her bed, fingertips running over the soft material of her blanket as she applies her lipstick and you watch her, waiting for her to finish. ,,It's just that my little brother tends to… infuriate me a little. Nothing new".
,,Heisenberg?", you ask and she nods.

Alcina sighs and shakes her head before putting her lipstick down, looking at herself in the mirror for a second and you catch yourself staring at her reflection as well. She is easily the most beautiful woman you have ever laid eyes on. 

You notice her lips curling into a smile and after a split second your gaze flicker back up to her eyes, realizing that she caught you staring.

She gets up from the stool and instead takes a seat on the armchair next to bed, dropping one leg over the other and you're glad she doesn't make a comment on it.
,,I'm glad that you take your time to talk to me about your struggles", she says ,,It is rather comforting to know that you trust me with that".

,,Of course I do", you say and run your hand through your hair ,,Even though I don't exactly get why we do this, if I'm honest".
,,I find talking about one's problems to be very helpful", Alcina says and a light smile appears on her lips ,,When my daughters are troubled I give them time to tell me what's bothering them and then we try to find a solution".
,,A solution would be great", you mumble and sigh.

,,But first of, you look refreshed. Did you do what I told you to do?", Alcina asks with a slightly tilted head and you nod.
,,Yes", you say and she nods in approval ,,I feel a bit better now".

,,Thats what I like to hear", she says ,,And… How did it go? You just fell asleep?".

,,I just dozed off and I was gone", you say and the frustration in you grows as you think about it ,,No creepy dreams, no overthinking. Nothing. I've noticed I can sleep during the day whenever and wherever I want but once the night hits I find myself to be so incredibly paranoid about everything".

,,Maybe you just feel safer during the day?", she raises her eyebrows ,,There are people walking around everywhere and a Moroi could never go unnoticed".
,,That would make sense", you mumble ,,But then the solution would be to spend the daytime sleeping and only working during the night. I don't exactly want that".
,,Of course not", Alcina says and you bite your tongue.

This whole thing is just stupid to you and you don't understand why it keeps happening, why your head just won't get over it. You feel like an idiot because of it and you simply hate it. 
You spent your whole youth playing dumb to be ignored and now you just want to hide under a blanket to never get out again, feeling like Alcina thinks about you the same way you do.