Chapter 58: Nightmare

𝕎𝕒𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘: ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɢᴏᴏғɪɴᴇss; ᴀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇs ᴀ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʙʀɪɴɢs ᴜᴘ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴏғ ᴀɴxɪᴇᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴏs. ᴀʟsᴏ, ᴍᴜғғɪɴs.

❦❦❦

Klaus awoke from his slumber to see the raven haired beauty beside him. He looked at her adoringly. Leaning forward, he lightly kissed the top of her head. "Good morning, love."

Her eyes remained closed. "Good morning," she mumbled sleepily. One of her hands moved to rub her eye, "Last night was fun, but I feel exhausted."

The hybrid smiled slightly and leaned forward to gently kiss her cheek. A soft smile appeared on her lips. She moved closer and cuddled into his chest. She was currently wearing his shirt.

"I'm sleepy," she mumbled. Klaus' hand gently caressed her shoulder. The movement seemed to bring her closer to falling asleep again. She added to her words, "And hungry."

The hybrid turned his head to look at her. Pressing another gentle kiss on her forehead, he spoke, "I can go get you breakfast, love."

Her eyes remained closed as she sleepily responded. "I don't have any food in the house because I haven't been here in a while."

He nodded. "Well, there's a lot of shops nearby where I could pick you up some food," Klaus offered softly.

Her arm held him tighter. "If you're getting up I'm going with you."

His face softened. "Sweetheart, you can barely keep your eyes open." Klaus kissed her forehead. "I'll be back in a few minutes. You can go back to sleep, my love."

Percy nodded and cuddled back into the blankets.

"I love you," Klaus spoke as he kissed her cheek.

The sea green eyed being replied. "I love you too."

The demigod drifted back to sleep, his kiss leaving a lingering warmth on her cheek.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

Percy was in a darkened area. There were sharp pieces of glass across the floor. Red clouds passed by overhead, and it hurt to breathe.

She felt like she was being watched. They were after her. Monsters surrounded her on all sides.

There was no one else around her. There were only monsters.

Shit.

Unknown to the demigod who was held captive by her nightmare, a storm had started.

The skies had darkened outside, despite the sun already rising. Harsh waves crashed against the shore roughly, as winds picked up.

Percy was thrashing around in her sleep, dreams of tartarus filling her head.

The ground began shaking beneath the bed she laid on, reflecting her distress.

The door to the bedroom flew open as the hybrid rushed in. He entered to find the sea green eyed being was having a nightmare.

He set the brown paper bag he was holding onto the counter and sped to her side. She would be upset if he didn't make sure the food was okay.

Klaus tried to wrap his arms around her thrashing form. He attempted to enter her mind, but found he still couldn't.

The large window on the side of the room revealed how badly the storm was growing. The water in the ocean was moving harshly, rising and falling quickly. Winds were loud, and they could easily be heard through the closed window.