Scotland

I couldn't even remember falling asleep but I woke up once again in Romanoff's arms. A part of me was still conflicted about what we were doing. The impact it could have on my career, my reputation... I wanted to do things my way, not get promotions because of who I was dating. I chewed on my lip for a while as I thought about it some more. Pressed against her and feeling safe, it was hard to think it was anything other than a good idea. I sighed sitting up and removing myself from her arms. I needed to shower and to pack.

Scotland! I couldn't wait I've always wanted to go, see some mountains, hear some of the accents, maybe check out some other sights. I quietly began to pack while Natasha was asleep, part of me thought about going into her room and packing up for her too but maybe that was overstepping. I was in the middle of making some lunch when I felt her strong arms wrap around my waist.

"You should of woken me" she purred into my neck. It made my knees week, this woman is irresistible. I tilted my head to give her more access to my neck, I wasn't disappointed when she began to kiss me softly. A shaky breath came out of my mouth embarrassingly loud.
"You needed to catch up on sleep too..."
She span me round so my back was against the counter, her hands held me in place.
"Oh I didn't know you were in charge now..." she smirked leaning forward until her lips nearly touched mine. I tried to break the distance to kiss her but she moved ever so slightly out of the way. Teasing me. I groaned. I just wanted to feel her mouth against mine. Her green eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Just making sure you want it" her tongue flashed over my lips making the air catch in my throat.
"I do" it was a whisper of a statement.
"Patience agent" she dropped her voice as she edged closer to my mouth. Finally her lips brushed mine, I kissed her hungrily, like I needed her mouth on mine to live. My hand ran through her hair pulling her closer to me.

She broke away with a smirk. "Come on you...we need to catch a flight" she kissed me quickly again and then sauntered off to her room looking calm and collected. Me on the other hand? Well I breathing hard staring after her frustrated.

Half an hour into the flight she still hadn't given me any files or reasons as to why Scotland.
"It's a reconnaissance mission agent" she said rolling her eyes like I was dumb for not knowing, "we need to see the lay of the land"
I frowned. Surely they had lower level people than her to see what places were like. Unless she... no impossible, I shook the thought from my head. No way was this entire mission a way to spend time with me. She cut me off as I was about to ask another question.
"It's a need to know basis, you're here because I want you here" her words were sharp. Maybe I needed to stop questioning her every move and just enjoy a relaxed mission. We sat in silence for a while and I let my mind wonder back to the morning and the kisses. It still didn't feel real. Maybe this was a test on resisting temptation, if it was I had definitely failed.

"Last night...your nightmare....I heard you screaming-"
"I'd rather not get into it" I knew it was in my files if she really wanted to know, I was surprised she hadn't read that part anyway. I should of been out in the field years ago but Fury was concerned my background would make me a liability which was why I'd had years of extra training. It was kind of weird she hadn't looked into it.
She nodded and didn't press any further. The comfortable silence returned.

"We're sharing an apartment again" it felt like de ja vu as she threw our bags into the back of another taxi. The apartment wasn't that different to the first one, did they just bulk by these things? I was shoving my clothes into the wardrobe when she appeared in my door way.

"Hey..." I smiled seeing her dressed down in sweats was always weird. I let my eyes roam her body the little gap free of material where her shirt ended and sweats began was like glue for my eyes. When I finally got a hold of my imagination I met a pair of amused eyes.
"Your eyes are your weakness" it didn't sound like a criticism.
I shrugged. "I guess. It's hard to control everything, some people are better at that than others." I said as I held her gaze.

I flopped onto my bed a few minute later and stared at the ceiling.
"You doing okay today? You've been quiet since your...since last night" she sat at the edge of the bed, I could feel her eyes on me.
"Yeah they just wipe me out a bit, it's a lot to process. Plus you..." I didn't really know where I was going with that.
"Oh right. Sorry I can stop....I just thought....I mean if it's inappropriate I get it..." she was falling over her words as she quickly stood and began to leave the room. I didn't even have chance to speak and stop her before she was gone and closing the door behind her. Shit! That wasn't meant to happen.

I rubbed my face with my hands as I sat up trying to decide what to do. I needed to clear the air. It's not that I wanted it to stop- it was just a lot to get my head around. I sighed standing and walked out to find her.

I looked through the bedroom door she'd left slightly ajar. There she was, head in hands, probably telling herself off.
"Hey..." I said quietly as I entered her room, "I don't want you to stop" I sounded braver than I felt. I'm pretty sure my heart was going to explode out of my chest. I quietly shut the door behind me.
She was looking at my now, her head tilted to one side as I slowly walked towards her. I gulped as I straddled her lap pushing her back into the bed. Leaning down slowly I began to kiss her, my heart was thundering I'm sure she could hear it.

I paused for a second uncertain what to do next.
"Don't stop then" she whispered into my ear.