||Venti: Lending A Shoulder

I'm writing this as I'm having a massive breakdown
So uh, have this 10 pm writing while i cry.

Sorry in advance if it turns out half assed, i literally wanna die rn and i can't breath lmao

Also inspired by me crying (obvious) + venti's pot voicelines

Also, highschool AU

(published days after i finished breaking down lmao bc i fell asleep after writing

btw no this was not what i was crying abt, it's not even closely related. i just wanted to create a scenario where venti comforts ich. oh but the family situation is taken from real life)

➷lending a shoulder➷

Y/n peeked into the empty classroom. the music classroom, a single piano stands out than the rest. you might be asking, why? it's just a piano.

well for y/n, it's an unachievable dream. like the star in the sky, no matter how hard she reaches out she can never catch.

again, that blue haired boy was inside. the music he plays always entranced y/n. at first, she was jealous. she hated how good he was, how he played, the enchanting sounds he creates, how easy he made it seem.

y/n is a firm believer of staying away from things she hates, yet she still came back the next day, and the next, and the next. until it became a routine for her to come to that classroom and listen to the boy play. She found herself no longer hating, no longer envying.

'if i can't play, at least i can watch someone as skilled as he is with my own eyes'

Venti was well known in his grade. other students often see a wisp of blue running through the halls.

he was lively, cheerful, always tried his best to be on friendly terms with everyone. not only that, his cute face could melt girls and boys alike into nothing but a puddle of semi-cooked jelly.

there was once a rumor of him and the new transfer student, aether, dating. It was quickly shut down and no one spoke of it ever since Lumine, aether's twin sister, nearly pushed a fellow student down from the 3rd floor window. the guy definitely deserved it after slandering aether's name.

anyway, Venti had always loved to play instruments since he was little. his childhood friend was his biggest drive and inspiration, once making a promise to play for each other.

they never fulfilled their promise.

he stopped playing after the incident, only feeling sick whenever he would pass by a music store.

that was until their school bought a new piano.

that day, he had the sudden urge. he wanted to play one last time.

one last time to play the half finished song he wrote for his dear friend.

that was when he saw her face through the windows reflection. peeking through the door, eyes filled with awe and longing, reaching for something unreachable.

Venti wanted to see those eyes again, it reminded him of his past childhood friend who would stare up at him with amazement when he played. what was supposed to be the last, turned into a continuation of coming back after school, everyday.

He didn't know who this girl is, but he played for her. he came back the next day, and the next, and so on. Venti looked at her through the windows reflection.

"do you want to play?" Venti asked, turning around. This is the first time they met eye to eye. She looked quite surprised.

"Me?" Y/n shook her head, "no, there's no way I can-"