Chapter 34: Together

Your POV

1 month later

"(Y/n), be careful with that arm," Rupert warns.

It's been a month since the events of the previous case happened. Ever since then everyone has been very overprotective of me. I mean I'm not complaining but sometimes it can get very annoying.

I roll my eyes and continue playing my game. "I'm just playing a video game Ru, relax."

"Yes, but you have to go easy on the arm. Even though the cast is off, it doesn't mean it's fully healed yet."

"We also have to leave soon," Connor says as he walks into the living room. He then straightens his tie.

"Tell that to Dad. He's the one that's always late to work." I mumble.

"I heard that!" Dad says as he comes into the room. "And for your information smartass, I'm ready."

I sigh and turn the game off. "Okay, okay."

"The fuck are you doing here?" Dad asks, finally noticing the other android in the room.

Rupert shrugs. "Thought I'd maybe stop by the precinct for a few and make sure you guys get there safely too."

Connor smiles. "Thank you, Rupert."

He nods and the four of us make our way to Dad's car with him driving, Connor in the passenger seat, and me and Rupert in the back.

Once we arrive we all get out and I eagerly make my way to the door and open it, only to find it dark inside. Dad, Connor, and Rupert come up behind me and see this too.

"Get behind me." Dad instinctively takes charge and pulls out his gun.

Connor does the same and pulls me behind him as Dad goes in first.

"Uh, guys..." Rupert says, but nobody listens. He just sighs and rolls his eyes.

The three of us creep inside all of us on high alert while Rupert just lags behind, shaking his head.

"Guys..." He tries again.

"Shhhh." The three of us hush him.

That's when the lights turn on.

"SURPRISE!"

Dad accidentally fires his gun. Screams fill the precinct as everyone ducks to avoid the bullet. It lodges in the wall opposite Dad.

We look around to see our fellow coworkers along with Markus, North, Simon, and Josh, and even Tasha Cooper and Joseph Knight from our case in LA.

"What the fuck!" Dad yells and lowers his gun.

Connor slowly puts his gun away, his LED blinking yellow as he processes what's going on.

"Rupert!" North yells, eyeing down the android behind us.

"I tried telling them it's okay, but they wouldn't listen." He says. He holds his hands up in surrender as North takes a threatening step towards him.

"What's going on?" Connor asks.

Dad slowly puts his gun away.

"Yeah. What's all this?" I ask, peeking out from behind Connor's leg.

"It's a celebration!" Simon says excitedly.

"For all the hard work you three have done." Markus finishes.

"Awww guys. We're just doing our job." I say.

"Still. You three have done a lot and we just want to thank you." Tasha speaks up.

Everyone in the room nods in agreement.

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" Dad exclaims. "Pass the booze and let's get this party started!"

The room fills with cheers as someone pops a bottle open, the cap goes flying across the room.

I head over to Markus, Simon, North, and Josh with Rupert right behind me.

"So who planned the party?" I ask, knowing it was one of the five.

"It was Simon's idea." Josh answers.

"Well, it was a team effort though. I can't take all the credit." Simon says.

"You guys are the best," I say and we go in for a group hug.

When we pull away I talk to them for a little bit more before going over to Joseph and Tasha who are talking to Connor. Well, more like Tasha and Connor talking and Joseph just standing there awkwardly.

"Hey guys!" I say.

The three of them look at me and smile.

"Hey!" Joseph greets and gives me a fist pump.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Tasha says at the same time Joseph says his greeting.

"Have you heard the news?" Joseph asks me.

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. "What news?"

"Tasha and Joseph got transferred here! So they'll be working alongside us." Connor answers with a wide smile.

"Holy shit! That's great!" I exclaim.

'It'll be nice to work with another female.'

"And that's not the best part," Connor says.

"What? Next thing you're going to say is you two are dating now?" I ask as a joke.

It gets silent and I look up at the three of them and my eyes widen.

"What?! No way!"

Connor scratches the back of his head. "It just kind of happened."

"That's awesome, Connor!" I say and give him a hug.

Before either of us can say anything a familiar booming voice catches all of our attention.

"Hank! Connor! (Y/n)!" Fowler's voice booms, causing everyone to quiet down immediately. "You've got another case! You'll be working with Cooper, Knight, and Reed!"

I hear Connor and Dad groan simultaneously and I chuckle.

"Looks like our party got cut short," I say.

Dad comes over to join the four of us and Gavin arrives right after him. Markus, Simon, North, Josh, and Rupert even join us too. Everyone looks at the eleven of us in the middle of the room.

"Here we go again," Connor says and smiles at the group.

I smirk. "Together?" I ask the group.

"Together!"

The End

So this is end of this book and thank you to every who stayed with this book, voted, and even commented. Make sure to check out my other stories on my profile if you enjoyed this!

—ASE715