Chapter 4

A/n: I know I said I wouldn't post but I found an alternative way to do it so, lucky you😃

Arlantian academy. One of the biggest academies in the world. The acceptance rate is 0.005%. You'd have to be extremely intelligent to enter this school. Due to the acceptance rate, female students were rare. It was also due to the fact that most women just focus on being the housewife. A few intelligent females go there just for the sake of saying they've been there. All of them were expected to take all the female activities like embroidery and etiquette. Yet one girl went against all that and became the only girl to join the swordsmanship class. 

                                                                                          Y/n's POV

It's been a week since I've started attending the academy with ijekiel. Obviously, things aren't easy AT ALL. I'm walking through the halls to go to the swordsman class. 

"oh my God, look at her, so shameless." 

"she has no manners." 

"she should just learn how to cook and sew like the useless girl she is." 

I grit my teeth and continue walking. These people are talking about me like I'm not there. Obviously I'm angry but acting on anger would be a stupid thing to do. I enter the class and say in the corner where I usually sit. Away from all those pieces of shit. The teacher entered the class. "today were going to try and slice through that straw man using a sword. So let's go out."

*******

Everyone picked up a sword from the collection and each one of them ran to one straw man. The teacher was giving instructions. We start trying to cut it. All of keep trying but it's hard. "your posture is wrong." I turn around to see our instructor. He changes the position of my hands and legs. "now try swinging the sword." I swung it. A clean cut. The straw man stood there, but half of his body was on the ground. Our instructor prayed my head. "from the minute I laid my eyes on you, I knew you had potential. Good work." our instructor says. My eyes widen. He.... Didn't criticize me. I put my hand on top of my head. His hand was warm.... 

*******

Swordsmanship class finished with me and two other boys cutting through. No one else was able to do it. I was walking to the cafeteria when a group of boys surrounded me. I recognized the leader as Cain Eckhart. He's a noble from Arlanta and he's one of the boys who was able to accomplish the task. "how did you do it, huh? Did you pay the instructor to do it? What am I saying? Of course you did. There's no way a girl like you would be able to do it." he says while his lackeys laugh behind him. "the answer to your question is :I swung my sword." I answer. He stops laughing. "huh? You want me to believe a girl like you was able to do it before me? Before ME? Like hell!! I'm the one who's going to be the best in everything. That's what my dad said!"he says. Oh. So he's one of those 'my dad said that so it's true' type of people. "sure." I answer and try to walk away but he grabs my hand. "are you mocking me?" he asks while raising his hand. "I'll show you your place, you bitch!" he says while I brace myself for the impact, but it never came. 

"what... Are you doing?" I look up to see a boy with curled brown hair and blue eyes. Cabell Ernst. He's the other one who was able to accomplish the task. "let her go." he says. I think Cain was scared of him or Something, because he immediately ran away with his tail between his legs. I look at him. "thank you." I say. "no problem. Besides I was mad that they were discarding your skills just because you're a girl. You were really cool you know." he says, smiling brightly. He's like a puppy. I can almost see his tail wagging along with perked up ears. Cute. "why did you help me?" I ask. "hmm? Oh. Because I think it's cool that you're the first girl to be in the swordsmanship class. Also, your hair reminds me of my little sister." he says "your sister?" I ask. He nods. "Hari Ernst. she isnt in this academy though." he says.