Hold Me Back - 02

CHAPTER 2

The next morning I woke up early and could catch the bus. The first half of the day passed by normal, Liam didn’t bother me at all, but he kept looking at me while he flirted with girls. Did he think I’ll be jealous or something?

At lunch, we sat outside the cafeteria. It was a nice sunny day. They guys kept asking things about me and my country, Europe, what I like or dislike. It was nice and Liam wasn’t with us. Then Aly started to ask Mason about Liam. Mason seemed disappointed. I wonder why.

“There’s going to be a fair this Saturday. Do you want to go?” Eli asked us. We all nodded. That should be fun.

“Riley, did you see that the try outs for the swim team are tomorrow?” Sarah asked smiling.

“I didn’t know it was going to be this week.” I said surprised and I thought they will forget about that. Now I have to go to the try outs. Swim team was better than cheerleading, that’s just not for me.

“Do you swim?” Mason asked curious.

“Yes and I’m pretty good at it, not like volleyball.” I said smirking. Mason was really nice, I liked flirting with him.

“I have to see that. Can I go tomorrow with you?” He asked smiling.

“Sure. You can cheer for me.” I said smiling.

“Cheer for what?” A new voice came from behind us.

“Riley is going to try for the swim team this year. So I’m going tomorrow with her.” Mason said to Liam.

“Can I go too?” Liam asked smirking.

“I thought you were going to see our cheerleading practice. We went to your practice yesterday.” Aly said sounding sad.

“I have seen you girls before; I want to see the swim team of this year. I’m sure you’re going to get in the team, they actually sucked last year.” Liam said laughing.

“Are you kidding?” I asked surprised.

“Liam is right, they’ve never won a competition.” Mason said laughing. “But if you’re that good maybe this year things will be different.”

“Let’s see. I just need an extracurricular activity for my college application.” I said to Mason.

“Are you planning to stay in the United States?” Liam asked curious.

“I want to go back to Poland at the end of the year, but I’m not sure if I can.”

“Why?” Liam asked again.

“You ask too many questions.” I said with a serious expression, I wasn’t really mad at him, but his face was priceless.

“What are you going to study?” Ethan asked me.

“Medicine.” I answered smiling.

“There are good universities here too.” Jacob said.

“I know, but I miss my country. It’s nice to visit other countries, but you always want to go back home.”

“You’re right.” Sophie said smiling.

“We should go now. German is starting soon.” Eli said with a worried expression.

“Why are you so worry?” I asked confused.

“It’s because we don’t understand anything, he just took the class to be with Sophie.” Liam said grinning.

We all laughed. Sophie and Eli blushed. They were so cute. “I know German; I can help you if you have problems with it.” I said smiling.

“That would be great.” Eli said smiling.