9

Syd's POV

I stand beside Stefan and Bonnie in disbelief. I didn't know they made a plan to kill Klaus tonight. I'm so pissed at them for not telling me. Stefan said it was to keep me from getting involved and getting hurt. But this was my sister. I am involved no matter what and it was so wrong of them to keep it from me. Because now I'm holding my twin in my arms hugging her. I wasn't crying though. I don't cry anymore, I'm fully numb when it comes to those feelings. Sadness. I have dealt with so much sadness, grief, even depression so these feelings don't take place in my emotion list anymore. Except, I did feel betrayed when Klaus made full eye contact with me and still ate Elena right in front of my face. I watched the entire thing. I watched him suck the life out of her like she was nothing. It hurt. It hurts to see my sister lying on the floor here dead when it could have been me. He was so close to my face he could have easily killed me instead but he didn't and this makes me mad. I look up from Elena and look at Stefan in the eyes. 

"She's gone, Stefan. Every single person in my life is taken away from me. It's a never fucking ending funeral. Maybe i'll be next. I mean, i'd rather that then have to lose someone else AGAIN." I say with no emotion. Stefan looks at me confused. 

"Elena's not dead, Syd", he says kneeling down beside me.

"W-what?" 

"Ya, John is giving up his life for hers", he says rubbing my shoulder now. I breath out in relief. 

"Oh. But John... he's gonna die?", I ask looking at Bonnie now because she's probably the one who did the spell.

"Yes. I'm so sorry", she says with a sorrowful smile. 

"But Elena's okay? She's not going to turn into a vampire, is she?", I look at Stefan acknowledging that I know what Damon did. I'm still mad at him for that. 

"You know about that", Stefan says in response to my look. 

"Of course I do. She's my sister Stefan. As much as you think when her life's in danger you shouldn't involve me... but she's my sister. I'll always be involved" 

"We know. We just didn't want you to get hurt", Bonnie cuts in. She holds her hand out for me and I take it standing up. Someone grabs my waist from behind to help me up. I look behind and see... Damon. I scoff and pull out of his grip walking as fast away from him as I can. But not fast enough. He vamp speeds in front of me. 

"You can't be mad at me forever, Sydney", He starts trying to make eye contact but failing. 

"Damon what you did was reckless and stupid. If I know Elena, which I do because she's MY SISTER, she would rather die then become a vampire." I look at Stefan who has a defeated look on his face. I know that's not what he wants to hear, but it's the truth. Elena hates the idea of it. "I'm sorry Stefan, I know that's not what you want to hear... but it's true". He nods.

"I know". He says with a half smile. He's always so sweet and understanding. Damon should take some notes, honestly. I look back at Damon. 

"Never EVER do something like that again without at least consulting with me first. Don't even consult with me if the idea is stupid... just don't do it. THIS was not a good idea. Never was, never will be. Understand?" He smirks at me, amused. I sigh in annoyance. "It's not funny Damon, I'm serious. She's one of the last family I have." His expression changes and he I could tell he feels bad. 

"Fine. I promise", he looks down before continuing, "I'm sorry"

"Thank you"

-----

Salvatore house

"There's no way we can kill Klaus now", Elena starts. She woke up not a vampire, thank god for her sake. But then John died, and she felt really guilty. Typical Elena. John as our father wants her to be happy and enjoy the gift he has given her but she just can't accept it. "He transitioned into... you know, his Hybrid self and he's like way stronger then Elijah now too." We all look at each other with no new ideas and no hope. She's right. But, I can't help but be a little bit relived that their not killing him. Which makes no sense because I should want him dead for basically killing my sister. I hate him. But I don't want him dead. Stefan looks at me anxiously after the awkward silence. He's been anxious all day, Elena noticed to.