Chapter 39

"Should we go back to the living room?",he asked softly and looked down at her.

She gave a slight nod and walked holding his arms making him chuckle at her silliness.

They reached the sofa and sat down and she looked at him before moving close and leaning into his side.

He laughs a little at her action before wrapping his hand around her.

"Not that I am complaining but what's going on? Are you still worried?",he asked trying to make her face him knowing she has been overthinking and a little worried.

She stared up at him and he rubbed his thumb over her cheeks as he saw the fear and worry along with hurt in her eyes.

"I would need you to talk to me and tell me what is troubling you. I can't keep guessing and assuming things. So if there's something tell me straight.",Manik whispered to her trying to make her understand and she looked down.

"It's silly.",She muttered and he sighed.

"If it's worrying you so much. It's not silly.",Manik said softly trying to convince her to talk and she looked at him convinced.

" It's just... I have got so comfortable with you . I don't think I will be able to be patient when I can't be around you. I mean with me you have never been distant like from the moment we started being friends you were always comfortable and I never experienced what it's like to not be able to close to you or hug you. I just can't imagine how I will handle it when I can't do that. ",Nandini said as she thought about last night and how he rejected her touch.

Manik sighed and hugged her closer registering her words.

"Why are you suddenly having such thoughts? I have told you with you it's different. I don't know how but I am comfortable with you and I don't think you need to worry about me not being okay with you.",Manik tried to make her understand.

" What if it's not different anymore? What if someday you realise you aren't okay with me? ",Nandini asked worried laying out her fears to him.

" Okay where is this coming from? Did someone say something? Is it because of Cabir asking you to give me space? I told you to not listen to him.",Manik said cupping her cheeks to make her look at him.

" It was not Cabir. Last night when you had a nightmare. I was trying to calm you down and when you woke up you asked me not to touch you. I understand the state you were in and it was just a small request for the time being but it kind of hurt and everytime I had to stop myself getting close to you after that, it hurt more. I just can't stop thinking about what if someday I have to stay away and that made me wonder how hard it is actually for you. I couldn't handle a day away and you have been living like that for years. I just couldn't stop thinking about it after that. ",Nandini explained honestly her fears and worries and he sighed and pulled her closer.

"It won't happen again. It's just like you said nightmares make everything seem real than it is and that's the reason maybe I couldn't handle being touched or something last night. I don't remember why I asked you or what I said. I just want you to know that now here at this moment I am with you and I am comfortable and good and happy. I don't want you to worry about the past and the future. Yes It was hard and yes it is still hard but I have learnt to live that way and it doesn't affect me that much but seeing you like this worrying about me does affect me a lot.",Manik said dropping few kisses on her head as he tried to calm her down and ease her insecurities and worries about him.

"I hate making people around me worry about me all the time. I don't want you to do that too.",Manik said as he thought about the reason why he didn't tell Cabir and Mukti before.