Chapter 57 - New Owner

Kara wakes up on the Wednesday finding a text from Lena already on her phone, even though it is 7 in the morning. Kara knows this means that Lena likely, both, had a late night the previous night, and was up early this morning to get a head start on her day. Of course, Kara does feel guilty about this, as she knows that Lena's schedule is only this crazy because of the brunette buying CatCo for her, but at the same time she is happy that CatCo's future is safe.

Lena (to Kara): Morning darling xxx

Lena: While I was speaking to Alura last night, I suggested that maybe I could pick her up from school, and she could then come to my office to spend time with me. Would that be okay with you?

Kara (to Lena): Morning!! Xx

Kara: Yes, of course. That sounds like a lovely idea. Alura really missed not seeing you last night.

Kara gets a reply from Lena almost immediately.

Lena: Great!! I'll pick her up at 3, and then I am aiming to do the press conference in front of L-Corp to announce that I have bought CatCo at 4.

Kara: That's great! I'll be cheering you on from the audience.

Lena: <3

Kara: <3

Kara: By the way, please don't tell me you had a late-night last night, and you are already awake now, doing work?

Lena: Yes... I did...

Lena: I know you don't like it, but I do have a lot of things that I need to do.

Lena: I'm actually planning to try and do as much work as possible these next few days, and even on Sunday, so I will have less to do while I'm in Midvale with you and Alura.

Kara: Oh, well don't work yourself into the ground just for us. We still need you alive and functional!

Lena: I won't darling.

Lena: Anyway, I have got to get back to some work. Hopefully I'll see you at CatCo just before the board meeting at 1PM.

Kara: Yes, I will be there. I'll give you a kiss for good luck. Xx

Lena: I look forward to it!

Lena: I'll send you a text later once I have confirmed the sale with Cat just after 9.

Kara: Okay!! I hope you have a great day until you see me.

Lena: You too darling. Give Alura a big morning kissing from me.

Kara: I will, and I'll tell her you are picking her up from school today.

Lena: Okay, bye darling. I love you.

Kara: Love you too xxx

Lena: xxx

Once the two women finish their text conversation Kara happily clutches the phone to her chest, so in love with Lena, and so happy that everything seems to be going in the right direction, both in regards to her love life, and in regards to everything to do with CatCo. The only real question Kara is left with at the moment, is when she will be moving into her new position of temporarily working for Lena at L-Corp, and in what capacity Lena intends to use her as. Kara would have brought it up yesterday, or in their text conversation just now, but she decided against it, as Lena already has enough on her plate, and Kara's future employment isn't urgent right now.