Chapter 35

"Hey Mom," Blake said sheepishly and then set me on my feet carefully.

Oh crap.

Blake's mom. Did I want to meet Blake's mom just yet?

Blake went to stop the record player and I turned around to face Blake's mother. My eyes bulged

Oh god.

She looked between me and Blake with her blue eyes, her blonde hair swinging with the movement, for a few seconds that felt like an eternity, frowning, but then something seemed to click in her head.

And something had clicked in mine too.

"Hi, I don't think we've had the chance to meet, I'm-" she started to say, smiling but I cut her, not really wanting to but I was just in freaking trance or something, "Sophia Everingham," I whispered.

Blake's mom, Blake's freaking mom was Sophia Everingham. His mother was a writing icon! She was a legend. I was in adoration with her books and she was Blake's mom?

Breathe Lexi, breathe.

Oh my god, I was so going to have a crazy ecstatic fan moment right now.

How the hell hadn't I known that? Why? This was something people would have talked about at school, right? People in the town too, right?

Because it was her. I'd seen her picture on the back cover of my books.

This was Sophia freaking Everingham.

"Well, Sophia Eaton, I only use my maiden name as my pen name now," she answered smiling a little, and I don't know why but I could see Blake in her features just then.

"Please Mom! Pen name?" Blake said behind me and I turned and saw him roll his eyes at her.

"Don't hate the pen name Blake. You think you were better when you signed your paintings Blake Black?" she told him, smirking a little. This time the ressemblance was uncanny. They had the same smirk.

I chuckled a little, completely confused about the whole situation. I was in front of one of my idols right now. And she was joking with her son, my jerky innuendos-addicted smirking and frankly quite stalkerish friend. How more out of this world could things get?

"Mom," Blake whined and I laughed more.

"Alright, alright, I'll leave you two kids to whatever you were doing," she said, with the little grin and I almost blushed even though we really weren't doing anything that would make me blush. "Oh and Blake, when you have time, I need you to proof read something. I'm not sure, do I kill him, or I keep him alive?"

"Kill him. I don't need to read, just kill him, it'll make every one happier," Blake snorted.

Wait. Was I having exclusive details about the next books? Oh god.

"Everyone isn't you, and if I do, then you'll have to deal with the ecstatic fans that will want to kill me," she laughed and I kept real quiet because I really wanted to know what she was talking about and I didn't want her to stop because I was there.

"Oh don't worry, I can handle ecstatic fans," Blake smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him, and his mom did too.

"Is Josh coming over for dinner?" Sophia asked Blake as I just kept standing there like an idiot.

Seriously I should say something right? Introduce myself? Not stand there like some statue?

"Nope, he's still working on the mural and he doesn't want to stop until the plaster has dried because he's getting hysterical about it," Blake chuckled.