ㅡ『2』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 2
The Invitation
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

A MAIL ENVELOPE sat in front of the Cullen's porch. Which was something that's rare according to Esme. Acquaintances never really used the mailing system as a form of communication. Vampires tend to run to the said area if they wanted something.

So when Esme picked up the sealed envelope, she was baffled. Another reason is, why place it on the porch and not in the mailbox outside? Who would want to mail them?

Her confusion was long gone when she flipped the envelope. To Mr. Sebastian Donovan was neatly written in front. Looking for the sender, the matriarch found out that it was from one of the big people in town.

It was from Royce King II.

"Oh dear" Esme muttered before turning to go back inside their home. Immediately spotting the vampire who was addressed in the envelope.

"Mail came in today!" She exclaimed

"That's odd...we never get them? Who's it for?" Carlisle asked as he heard his wife's voice through his study.

"It's actually for Sebastian here."

"A mail for me? Deary old me?" Sebastian asked, shutting the book he was reading.

"It's clearly specified in the letter dear" Esme grinned before handing the envelope to the confused vampire.

"I would be happy if it was the fiancée, not the son of the bank owner" Sebastian grumbled before rolling his eyes. The other three watched in amusement as he ripped the paper with a scowl on his face.

Clearly, Sebastian didn't like Royce King. Edward knew why. Unknown to him, the other three was listening when he started to read the letter softly before muttering profanities every now and then.

"Bloody bastard thinks I'm some woman's snack. Figlio di putta-"

"Language dear" Esme mused

"Italian" Sebastian absentmindedly replied as he thought of the contents of the envelope.

"What's got you cursing the guy out?" The bronze-haired mind reading vampire questioned.

"Apparently, there will be a small brunch at the bank for...let's say affluent people. He's inviting me because according to him, I am charismatic and...a looker."  He replied

"Nothing bad about that, no?" Carlisle said as he sat down next to Sebastian before reading the letter in hand.

"He also specified that a fine, good looking, wealthy maiden will also be there. Not only that, if I was to take her out she might stay in town and make an investment in the bank." Sebastian finished, squinting his eyes to the piece of paper.

"Basically, he's telling you to swoon her so they'll give him money" Edward mused at the thoughts inside Caelum's head. From dissection to decapitation, he grinned at his murderous thoughts.

One of the things that Sebastian loathed, was being used for personal gain. He didn't like how people would come to him just because they wanted something. If they need something from you, they're going to treat you as if the finest gem there is. If they don't, you're utterly useless and invisible to them.