Ch45 - New Year's Money

Facts proved that neither Li Zhao or Yan Ting had the talent for making dumplings. The aunt saw the two of them roll the dumpling skin thick and thin, round and square. Thus, she had to take over the task of rolling the dumpling skin and let them do the filling.

The dumplings made by both men were ugly but they were a different type of ugly. Mr Li’s dumplings were fat and big. He stuffed enough filling for two dumplings inside one dumpling skin. The boss’ dumplings were fat and dry so that the dumpling skin could be torn into five pieces. Well, the families who were short of meat saved money by making dumplings like this. 

Once most of the dumplings were wrapped, the two people’s novelty also passed. They washed their hands and face clean of flour and changed into clean clothes. LI Zhao held the table and played games while Yan Ting opened the laptop that Li Zhao gave him to do work.

The sky was darkening and Li Zhao’s performance in the game was too bad that he was ridiculed by a fifth grader. He quit the game and looked out the window. ”It’s dark.”

Yan Ting looked up at him. “Are you hungry?”

“No, today we’re going to turn on the TV and watch the Spring Festival Gala.” Throwing the tablet aside, Li Zhao turned on the TV. It was just after seven o’clock and the national channel was still broadcasting the news. 

It was the Spring Festival so even the news broadcast was full of joy. The hostess was wearing a red suit for the occasion.

“Since the new year is coming, we visited many citizens on the street and listened to their wishes for the Spring Festival.”

“Round and round, to have one’s wishes come true.”

“For my family to be helpful and in good health.”

“Peace and prosperity. It should become more prosperous with every passing day.”

“Ah?!” Li Zhao saw his face appear for two or three seconds in the news broadcast and his entire body froze for half a minute.

“Ting Ting!!!”

The shout was so shocking that Yan Ting typed out a wrong line of data. 

“I’m on the news!” Li Zhao danced happily. “I’m on the news broadcast!”

Yan Ting saw that he was as happy as a dog and placed his laptop in a safe place. He was afraid that Li Zhao wouldn’t be able to control his mood and would break the laptop.

“I  can brag for the rest of my life!” Li Zhao wanted to roll around on the sofa. He had nowhere to vent his ecstasy so he could only rush over and hug Yan Ting’s neck. “Wait, I’ll let the editor of my studio cut those few seconds and leave it for my descendants to see!”

Descendants? Yan Ting’s eyes dimmed as he looked down at Li Zhao hanging around his neck. “Don’t trouble others with such little things. I’ll help you cut it.” 

“Yes, in those seconds, half of your face was shown.” Li Zhao’s excitement wasn’t over. “In the future, we can brag to everyone. The national channel has sealed our identities as good brothers.”

Yan Ting said, “Even decades later, everyone will know that you’re with me.

"What?" Li Zhao didn't hear what Yan Ting said.