One hundred and twelve

"Mer, it's me. Again. I'm just calling to let you know that, uh, Archie was asking about Zola again. He's learning how to read and he wants to race her on reading the Hungry Caterpillar. And, Rueben's trying to stand up using the furniture. He uses us, half of the time, and Archie loves it. Arizona's been taking me through all of her fetal surgeries, too, so Alex is pretty much handling peds alone until I've finished the fellowship. Owen said she could do a crash course for me like Herman did with her," Erin spoke into her phone.

"It's Easter," she continued. "And I know the kids are probably stuffing their faces with chocolate and you're probably thinking about all of the clothes you're gonna have to wash it out off. If you use bleach on white clothes, it works pretty well, but you already know that from washing chocolate stains out of my clothes when we were kids. Uh, I just wanted to call and update you on everything going on, let you know that I miss you and if you want someone to visit, you know where I am. I love you and the kids. Bye."

"Any luck?" Arizona asked, holding Erin's hand that afternoon when they were in their OB appointment. Erin shook her head and Arizona sighed.

Alex had talked Erin into actually making an appointment to get inseminated. They'd missed their one when Derek had died and Erin had been hesitant about whether or not to do it, so she'd talked to Alex before bringing it up to Arizona again.

Alex had told her that Derek wouldn't want them to not have another baby because of him and Erin had rolled her eyes because what did Alex know about what Derek would've wanted? And then he'd hugged her and she'd cried for an hour about how much she missed Derek and Meredith because Meredith would've told her what to do because Meredith always knew what to do and Derek was her big brother and he had gone and fucking died on everyone and she wanted to hate him for leaving them but how could she ever hate him or Meredith for leaving her behind?

Alex had held her while she cried and then he'd told her something that sounded exactly like something Derek or Meredith would say: "You're allowed to move on and want to be happy for yourself. If you want another baby, have one. Derek would want you to be happy."

And Erin didn't doubt him that time. She'd told Arizona and she'd agreed because she wanted Erin to be happy and she wanted this baby but she would never have said anything until Erin said she was ready. Erin had said she was ready, so they had made the appointment to be inseminated.

"The boys okay?" Erin asked.

"On a playdate with Sofia as we speak. Callie said she'll bring them over later so I can get you home after this," Arizona said.

"Cool," Erin smiled slightly.

The door opened and the OB stepped in with a smile.

"You guys ready?" she said, pulling on her gloves.

"Yeah," they nodded.

She inseminated the eggs and then told Erin to keep her legs in the stirrups for an hour before moving home to rest for a few more hours.

"I swear to god, if we get twins, Arizona, I'm gonna stab Callie," Erin muttered as the OB left.

"Why?" Arizona laughed.

"Because she put the idea in my head last time and now I'm scared that we'll have two," Erin said.

"Would two be that bad?" Arizona smiled. "Brings us to an even four. We can stop after this pregnancy, regardless if it's twins or not. But imagine if we have twin girls," Arizona said. Erin rolled her eyes fondly.

"Yeah, okay, having twins would be cool and stopping at four would be very satisfying, but still. Delivering two babies? Feeding two babies? Wait, actually, carrying two babies? Archie kicked like a bitch and Rue made his bed on my bladder. Imagine if I'm peeing and being kicked constantly. I'll go crazy," Erin said.