Ch50 - Shameless

Qin Xiao stood outside the door, holding warm water that had already cooled. However, he didn’t knock on the door. The Cangshi executives came over to greet the boss but stopped when they saw Qin Xiao make an ‘shh’ gesture.

Seeing this, they stopped and were afraid to move forward. They didn’t want to go and didn’t dare to say. Therefore, they looked on from a corner and waited for the big boss to come out. 

The door of the lounge opened and they saw Mr Ting walking beside Li Zhao. They were standing far away and didn’t know what Li Zhao said to the big boss but the big boss was nodding and the two of them seemed very close. It was intimate and not frivolous. They originally thought Li Zhao was the plaything of the big boss but now looking again, it didn’t seem to be the case.

“Manager?” Li Zhao saw a few men and women dressed in work clothes, one of whom he knew. It was the department managed who took him around Cangshi yesterday.

Qin Xiao quickly stepped forward, enough to stop the pace of these people. “I have something to discuss with you. Please come with me.”

The management people didn’t suspect him. They nodded to Yan Ting and followed Qin Xiao to the upstairs conference room. It was just that some people wondered. Just now, they had been standing next to him for so long. Why didn’t Qin Xiao make a sound earlier? 

“They seem to know you?” Li Zhao sensed the respect these people had for Yan Ting.

“En.” Yan Ting rubbed his forehead, his expression a bit painful. “I have recently been transferred to the president’s office and the management of all branches work with me.”

“Is your head uncomfortable?” Li Zhao wasn’t in the mood to care about why Yan Ting was familiar with these senior people. He grabbed Yan Ting’s arm and said, “Let’s go home.”

“Your job and your makeup…”

“it’s done.” Li Zhao touched the makeup in his face. “I’ll go back and take it off. I will accompany you back.”

Li Zhao helped Yan Ting go out. He had just walked to the front door when he met the girl who had asked him for his WeChat. Seeing Li Zhao, the girl was a bit shy at first. Then she found Li Zhao next to Yan Ting and the blood on her face completely disappeared as she took a step back.

“Goodbye.” Li Zhao didn’t think much. He smiled and said goodbye to the little girl.

The little girl pursed her mouth and retreated to one side, watching them leave. Just as she was about to leave, she saw the man Li Zhao was supporting suddenly turn to look at her. This look definitely wasn’t friendly and even… had the air of making her the cannon fodder number two. 

She shuddered and secretly looked at the ignorant Li Zhao, countless thoughts flashing through her mind. However, in front of the eyes of this cold man, all thoughts became infinite fear. She could only squirm and watch them walk away slowly, silently sending away her first love.

Back home, Li Zhao coaxed Yan Ting into bed, covering him with a quilt. Then Li Zhao returned to his bedroom’s bathroom to remove the makeup.

Makeup for in front of the camera was heavy. Li Zhao took a long time before finally removing all the makeup from his face. He had just finished wiping his face when he heard footsteps in the corridor. He opened the door and saw the housekeeper standing outside with a tray.