seventy six

~*~*~

~*~*~

"here we have, regulus arcturus black."

~*~*~

there were faint sounds of cheering that regulus could here, shouting too. he pried his eyes open only to be looking down at his lap. his arms were pulled back and his wrists felt tight as did his ankles, what a strange feeling, it was extremely uncomfortable. he tried to decipher where he was by looking at the floor, perhaps he recognised it. however, now that regulus has regained his consciousness, his head slowly but surely began to exude with excruciating pain.

he scrunched his face up and that's when he felt something touch his top lip, like a liquid. it tasted metallic and it was cold like it had been dripping for hours and he felt that some of the blood, he had realised it was blood coming from his nose, had dried around his nose and mouth. that's when he noticed the stains on his trousers that came from the blood dripping from his nose.

"my lord, the boy, he's awake," said the recognisable voice of amycus carrow.

"ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls," said voldemort, regulus could see the bottom of his cloak come into his line of view as he sat with his head dipped, "here we have, regulus arcturus black."

at that introduction, voldemort grabbed regulus by the hair and forced up to sit upright, which was when regulus felt something, blood, run down his neck and down his back, his head must've been bleeding. however, now that he was sitting up, he could see where he was, but why here? he was in the great hall. he was sat up in one single chair where the teacher's table was supposed to be. he looked into the crowd of people and he saw the pupils were all sat on the door against the walls with death eaters pointing their wands at them, but that wasn't all. the order were all sitting down too against the walls with death eaters pointing their wands at them, as well as andromeda, little nymphadora, ted and a pregnant narcissa.

did they not do the protego charm around grimmauld place like he asked?

"today, we're going to play a game," said voldemort as he walked to stand just in front of regulus which gave him the opportunity to look at sirius who looked heartbroken at the state his little brother was in, as did james, "if regulus answers my question correctly, he won't get hurt but if he doesn't, well, i've got a few options."

the death eaters all chuckled at the prospect of seeing their traitor withering in pain, regulus spotted peter pettigrew too, but he was over at the pupils rather than at the order, he could even face them. coward. voldmert moved to stand beside regulus so everyone could see him get hurt if he answered something wrong.

"are you a spy for the order?" asked voldemort to which regulus shook his head, because he wasn't. voldemort tutted and said, "wrong. amycus you may do the honour."