Chapter 4

I didn't stand there for too much longer. I quickly ran up the stairs with my hand clamped over my mouth to keep the sobs from being noticed by anyone else. Once in the safety of my room, I closed the door and threw myself down onto the bed.

I let a few tears out, but then hastily wiped them away with the back of my hands just in case Nex came up here. What would I say to him? 'Your friend gave me a look that basically said 'I hate you' and I can't take a nasty look like a big kid. So that's why I'm crying'

I let out a frustrated grunt and threw my arms out to the sides. Why the fuck are you crying Hazel? Why do you care if some random person hates you?

I shut my eyes and thought of millions of reasons why Matthias might hate me. Was it because of all the hard work they had to do? Was he mad cause he was the one who had to clean up the mess that I made in the basement? The one where I stabbed one of the masked people?

I opened my eyes and told myself to suck it up, and grabbed the bag and my pajamas. I walked to the bathroom deep in thought, pushing Matthias's look out of my head the best I could, and instead thought of what Nex might be doing right now. Was he possibly killing the last two masked people? Had he already done that?

I shut the bathroom door and changed out of my clothes and into the pajamas. I then took the tooth brush out of the bag and brushed my teeth, all while still deep in thought. Before walking back into my room, I splashed some water up on my face to hopefully wash away any sign that I had been crying. Once I looked pretty normal, I picked up the bag and walked into my room and then threw the bag in the spot where I always put it.

I sat on the edge of the bed with the cup of water in my hand, and occasionally took sips as I waited for Nex.

* * *

An hour went by or maybe two, when I finally gave up and placed the now empty glass back onto the table. I had no idea where Nex was, but I was too tired to get up and look for him. So I crawled under the covers of the bed and fell asleep almost immediately after.