Chapter 5

Matthias POV

Why did Nex want this girl so badly? She wasn't even particularly pretty.

The girl had just walked right into me, which did piss me off, but I got the satisfaction of seeing her take a startled step back, making me smile after I turned away from her. I didn't bother saying anything to her, I just walked right by and into the kitchen.

Nex was leaning against the far side and looked up at me as I came in. "Oh good, you're here. Mind getting James? I need both of you."

I scowled at him, but turned around to go get James. All I wanted to do was get a piece of toast or something, and now I was to do another job for Nex.

Knock Knock

"C'mon James. Nex needs us." I said after knocking on the door to his room.

I heard a faint groan on the other side, and then not too long after, James appeared in the doorway.

He rubbed a dark hand against his eyes and yawned. "What does he want?"

"I'm not sure, but we better go."

He stopped moving his hand and just stared at me with a scowl that mirrored the one on my face. "If we have to kill another person... I'm going to-"

"Do what?" I interrupted. "Attempt to kill Nex? Like I said a million times, don't talk like that and most importantly, follow Nex's orders. How are you supposed to keep your family alive if you're dead?"

James snapped his mouth shut and dropped his hand. He closed his door and followed me down the hallway towards the kitchen. Nex was still in the same spot, but when he saw us, he took a step forward.

"We're going to deal with the last two people that are in the basement." He stated in an almost bored manner. "Come."

Both James and I followed Nex down the basement stairs. I was glad I didn't eat anything before coming down here again, cause I was most likely to vomit from the stench.

The woman was still hanging from the hook that I secured her to and the two men were still cuffed to the horizontal bar, but they were no longer unconscious. Both of the men were sitting straight up and staring at us as we walked deeper into the room.

Blood was still here and there, but it definitely looked better after James and I cleaned up the mess the third guy made. We had found the man with a knife jutted out of the side of his neck and blood like a pond underneath him.

I felt so grateful for not being in these people's shoes. I would prefer death over being tortured like this.

Nex was now in the middle of the room, James and I flanking him.

"Nex... please." One of the men pleaded. "We have followed all your orders. Please just let us go."

"You actually believed I would let you guys go once everything was done?" Out of the corner of my eye I could see James tense up a bit. Nex obviously didn't care or notice because he continued to stare down the two men with a huge smile playing on his lips. "You guys really are stupid." He chuckled.

The man who had spoken up now completely changed his mood. "Fuck you."

Nex didn't get mad, as I had expected. Instead he smiled a wider and wicked grin. "You really shouldn't say those sorts of things to me. The amount of pain you will receive all depends on me, so I'd advise you not to get on my bad side." He said that last sentence darkly and his smile was completely gone.

The man was unfazed as he responded. "If we're dying anyways, then it won't matter how bad the pain is."

Nex raised an eyebrow and chuckled again. "I guess we'll see then."