twenty two

Written on 24/6/21, WC: 1677

-

[ 2nd Person POV ]

"What the hell is that?" Grelle asked as she eyed your car. You grinned and patted the hood, "My baby, Rosalinda." Sebastian chuckled at your reaction. "Think of it like a modern carriage; just without the horses."

Grelle's eyes sparkled as she eyed the car. "It would be so much prettier if it was a certain shade of red.." You laughed and moved closer to her and whispered in her ear. Grelle squealed, "Are you serious?!"

You laughed and nodded as Grelle jumped up-and-down excitedly. "I love the modern age!" She yelled happily, getting a few weird looks from a passerby.

You eyed your friends, doing a quick headcount. Ah, seven people, including yourself. That's a lot of people. Oh, well. Thankfully, Rosalinda could comfortably fit up to eight people.

You slid into your seat and put the key into ignition and laughed at your friends' confused expressions. "What are you doing? Get in!" You called from inside. Sebastian, being the gracious devil he is; opened the car doors for everyone to pile in.

Ciel pointed at the seat next to yours. "I want to sit there." He said to Sebastian. Sebastian gave him a closed-eyed smile, slightly annoyed, "I doubt you'd enjoy sitting there Young Master-"

"I'm sitting here!" Grelle yelled as she dashed towards said seat. You laughed as she settled in comfortably next to you, her eyes sparkling as she observed every single item in the vehicle. "So much better than carriages~!" She giggled to herself gleefully.

Ciel sighed exasperatedly, hesitantly sliding into the back of the car. Unfortunately, he was squished between Ronald and Sebastian. Ronald gave the earl and awkward smile, "At least you're not next to the Undertaker," He motioned to the seats behind him.

Said Undertaker was giggling in his seat as he looked at William. The poor brunette looked incredibly uncomfortable as he shifted in his seat and kept his gaze out the window.

Ciel grimaced. "You have a point.." He replied quietly to Ronald as they watched the Undertaker continue to giggle like the mad-lad he is.

••

"And we're here!" You announced as the mall came into view.

Sebastian watched with interest at the sight of the familiar building; his eyes darting towards the other areas of the mall he hasn't been to. "Ooh!" Grelle squealed excitedly, the sights of red on the advertisements of shops catching her eyes.

"The fuck is this?" Ciel questioned. Being an earl himself, he was quite used to large gatherings at extravagant places; such as balls at other nobles' homes. But this, it was nothing of the sort. He watched; astonished at the sight of people strolling about in casual clothing, gadgets in their hands and most importantly of all, same-sex couples.

"Are those two men holding hands?" He whispered to Sebastian. The butler follows his Master's gaze and chuckled, "I believe so. It's normal for same-sex couples to be courting in this era."

Ciel nods slowly, thinking about how if this were in their era; those couples would certainly have been publicly humiliated. However, it was normal in the modern era; love is love and being of the same sex shouldn't matter.