18

Chapter 18 | Nerves and Anxiety

The entire house was buzzing with energy and excitement. In a little less than 24 hours, you were going to move into the house. In a little less than 24 hours, their pack would be complete.

Just a few days ago, when Namjoon first suggested you move in with them, you had wanted to think about it. During that time, you had talked to Hyojung and Minho. Both of whom were beyond ecstatic that you had finally found your mates, but also weren't too surprised when they figured out you were mated to Namjoon's pack.

After careful consideration, you had let Namjoon and Jimin know that you were willing to move in with them. You were easily able to tell that the two were really holding back their excitement and happiness. Their eyes seemed to twinkle a little bit more than before.

To Namjoon and his pack, nothing was going to ruin their day. But, things don't always go as planned.

The entire pack wasn't able to contact you for two days. At first, they weren't too worried. After all, you had to pack to move in. And they knew how attached you were to your family and Seunghee. They didn't want to bog you down with them hovering over you at every moment.

Sure, they were nervous and worried because they knew that the Leopard Hybrid who was leading a group of men was after you but they trusted that you wouldn't just shun them or ignore them. If something were to go wrong, they knew you would contact them.

But as the day of you moving in with them neared and you hadn't contacted them, they were getting a little more anxious than before. You didn't even give them a 'good morning' text or a 'good night' text. There was radio silence. Nothing.

To make things worse, you didn't even show up at the police station. Not of your own volition or because you were in a fight.

"Do you think something bad happened to her?" Jungkook asked, his leg bouncing up and down as he was full of anxiety.

Although Jungkook hadn't had too much bonding time with you, he already felt attached to you. Especially after you ran headfirst trying to stop Jungkook and Taehyung from being kidnapped. Seeing you unconscious in his arms, nearly broke him. Although he was the only prey Hybrid in their pack, he also had a very big urge to protect you. Constantly going to the gym to bulk himself up in between his brainstorming and screenwriting. 

"No, she's a strong woman. She'll be fine," said Yoongi. His voice was soft but his body was tense.

There was silence among the pack. Sure, all of them knew that you were strong. Not just physically but mentally. To them, you were incredibly brave, not even hesitating to save Hoseok but Jungkook and Taehyung. They knew that you were most likely safe but they couldn't help but worry.

"I'm going to go check up on her," Seokjin announced as he stood up from his place on the couch.

"I'll come with!" Hoseok exclaimed as he jumped up.

"Keep us updated?" Taehyung asked.

"You know I will," Seokjin nodded.

Seokjin and Hoseok left the house, leaving the five Hybrids in silence once again. One by one, the Hybrids all got up and went to do their own respective work. Jimin and Namjoon went to the study, still trying to find leads to the case that they were working on. Taehyung went to his room to work on his new clothing line. Jungkook went to his room to work on his screenplay. Yoongi stayed in the living room, lying on the couch he closed his eyes, needing to catch up on much-needed sleep.

Seokjin and Hoseok drove to your house. They knew where you lived since they were present when you were discharged from the hospital three days ago. Hyojung and Minho were both working so Seokjin had volunteered to help you get discharged and drive you home.