A Helping Hand Would Be Nice

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

Seokjin woke up to music.

It did not register for a while, but he heard the melody, and realised it playing over and over, a bit of a pause, and then continuing.

His tired brain tried to make sense of whatever he was hearing, and it came to a conclusion that it might be his phone alarm ringing. Though he does not recognize the tune.

It was when he picked up his phone that he realised that the music was a piano melody. And it sounded muffled, but loud enough for him to hear.

He sat upon his bed, stretching a bit as he looked around. The room seemed bright, the clock read 11 something, he was too lazy to count the minutes, when he faced the wall that was separating him and the music.

He sat quietly, letting the tune of the piano caress him gently into waking up more. It was a light tune, sounded more melancholic rather than a happy melody, the tempo slowing a bit before picking up, then stopped.

He pouted at that; he was really enjoying it. Then he heard a few notes, or chords played, over and over again. Seokjin guesses whoever was playing was trying to find the right notes to play with.

Maybe he was composing music.

He blinked at the wall.

Compose...

Who was living next to me again?

He turned away from the wall, his mind now awake and running to connect the dots. The piano melody came from beyond this wall, so it must be the neighbour. And the only neighbour he had, and the only one staying next to him was...

Yoongi.

Was Yoongi some musician he has not heard of? Was he a composer of symphonies or something? Movie soundtracks? Songs? K-Pop?

Jin groped around his sheets blindly for his phone, soon successfully pulling it from under his blanket.

Rubbing his eyes, he got his phone unlocked. He got out of his bed as he waited for the app to load, before pausing-

Is it a good idea to do a web search about his neighbour like this...?

Is it not some form of... stalking...?

I AM NOT A STALKER-

He clicked his phone off and went ahead to get himself some water, when the melody of the piano started again.

Sigh. He really wants to know.

He picked his phone back up from the counter, the app still open, and typed out his neighbour's name.