THIRTY THREE

{a/n: thanks for your input on the last chapter, i loved hearing your answers and I will be taking them into consideration ;) }

Bonnie sits on Elena's sitting bed with her grimoire and a tray before her containing three lit candles and a bowl in which she is burning sage, while Elena paces around the room

"He was gloating. Like actual gloat. Like he was proud of himself for sleeping with her. Is it working?"

"It's not working." Caroline enters the room, "I can hear every word you're saying about Damon, the vampire gigolo."

"I've slept with her." Violet shrugs, "I also married her." She adds, "In the 30s."

"I thought she was daggered in the 30s?"

"Sorry, I meant the 1630's."

"You did?" Caroline asks, a frown on her face as she looks at her girlfriend in jealousy.

"Yes. But don't worry, there's no danger of us getting back together. I love you, and only you."

Caroline smiles, and they gaze at each other for a moment, before Bonnie rolls her eyes and interrupts them.

"It's a tricky spell."

"When Esther did it, she kept the sage burning. There was a lot more smoke." Elena explains

"Alright." Bonnie relight the sage, looking to Caroline, who scoffs and leaves the room again. "Speaking of Esther, you should know that she came to see me and Abby this morning."

"And all this time you let me vent about Damon?" Elena asks

"I don't want you to worry." Bonnie replies

"Okay, well, what did she want?" Violet asks

"She wanted to introduce herself. Abby and I helped bring her back. She's channeling our entire ancestral bloodline for power. I think she thought she was being polite."

"Okay, well, is there a way to stop her from channeling you?" Elena asks

"Even if there was, why would I want that?"

"I just keep thinking....Before the sun and the moon ritual, Elijah found a way to keep me alive. And now I'm in exactly the same position and I'm just gonna let him die? It just doesn't feel right."

"Hold up," Violet looks at them incredulously, "let him die? What do you mean, let him die? I thought you guys needed help with a privacy spell. Not to kill my family. Do they know? I need to warn them." A sickening feeling of déjà vu overtakes Violet as stands up, attempting to leave but Caroline blocks her.

"Violet, please."

"No!" She pushes Caroline to the floor with ease, vamp-speeding out of the house but instead bumps into Elijah. "Elijah! Oh my god."

"Violetta, what is it?"

"It's Esther! She's trying to kill you and she's channeling a shit ton of Bennett witches and it's happening tonight." Violet rambles, her eyes wide with panic.

Elijah nods, processing the information for a minute before speaking up again. "You can accompany Elena and I."

"No." Violet shakes her head, "It's not safe here. I need to get Elsie and I have to get out." She stops in her tracks for a moment, "Oh my god. I've turned into Katerina. No this is not good, this is bad, this is very-"

"Violet." Elijah interrupts, looking at her calmly. "You need to relax. You and Elsie are going to be okay."

"No. I can't. If your mother has been watching your family from the other side for 1000 years, then she almost certainly wants to kill me too. She could use Caroline or Elsie against me. I can't let that happen."

"Violet, if you wish to leave, I will not stop you."

"I don't know what to do." Violet admits, looking up at Elijah tiredly.

"I think that you, Elsie, and potentially Caroline should leave for a week or so, and give yourselves a break. You spent 500 years protecting us in order to protect your sister. It's okay to take care of yourself for once. You deserve a rest."

Violet bites her lip, shrugging. "I don't know."

"I believe it would be beneficial to both you and Elsie. And, if you pack efficiently, you can be out of the country by tomorrow morning."

"Okay," Violet nods, "I'll go. But only for a short time."

Elijah nods back, "I will see you soon, Violetta."

"Goodbye 'Lijah." Violet leans forward and hugs him, praying that this won't be the last time she sees him, "Also, if Esther does succeed and you do die, please know that I love you. Always and forever."

"I love you too. Always and forever, Violetta."

*

"So where exactly are we going?"

Violet looks over at Elsie, sitting across from her in the private jet she compelled themselves. "To Katerina."

"Yeah, but where is that?"

"Some tropical island."

"That's so cool, I've never even left the United States before."

"Well, now you will."

"I think it's cool that you weren't born in the states. Bulgaria sounds cool."

"It's not perfect, and it's a lot different to what it was like when I was growing up. But, I've always loved it there. It's where my family is buried."

"You never speak about your family, apart from Katerina."

"Losing ones family is a loss you can never quite recover from. Talking about them hurts."

Elsie nods, leaning down and, rummaging through her bag and pulling out a book. "Is there some sort of spell you can put on this bag to make this inside bigger? You know- Harry Potter style?"

Violet shakes her head with a smile, happy with the sudden change of conversation. There had been too much negativity for the day. "No, unfortunately I can't do that without making the entire bag bigger."

"That sucks."

"Sorry, darling."

"Did you talk to Caroline? Does she know we left?" Elsie asks

"Yes." Violet nods, "I tried to get her to come with us, but something happened with Bonnie's mom and she wanted to be there for Bonnie."

"Aw."

Violet smiles, looking down at the book in front of her and shutting it. She takes out her iPod, and puts her headphones on.

"I think I'm going to take a nap." Elsie announces, "Wake me up when the plane lands."

*

[A/N: FYI this is the end of s3 for Violet and Elsie. The next chapter starts in s4!! So excited <33333 ]