Memories {Avengers x Reader}

Sure, we won in the end...but that didn't mean we didn't lose everything in the process.

Here's to the ones that we got

We won, right? Then why do I feel so empty? Why am I drinking the pain away? Alone. Well I already here. A drink to those of us that never went away.
Me, Thor, Pepper, Carol...

Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not

But another drink for those of us that are never coming back. Those I wish were still here next to me, acting as a team. A family.
Steve, Vision...

'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
Of everything we've been through

A few drinks in, and I'm already down memory lane. Crying because it all comes back to me too fast. Everything we experienced together...it ends this way?

Toast to the ones here today

What's another drink? Here's to those that came back after five long years.
Peter, Bucky, Sam, and millions of others...

Toast to the ones that we lost on the way

And one more for those that left us after five long years.
Natasha, Tony...

'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
And the memories bring back, memories bring back you

I don't want to think about them, but I don't want to stop drinking. Drinking supposed to make me forget, but instead it makes me remember. Reminds me of everything. All the good and the bad, the funny and grief, the comfort and fear. I hate it. God, I hate it all. I hate being the one to still be standing.

There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no pain
When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same

I remember meeting them all, I remember New York. I was nothing special. At least I didn't think so. But Fury, the Avengers, they saw what I could do, and gave me a place to belong. And through the devastation, I felt pride knowing I'd been sort of such an important team. I thought it'd always be like that. I thought we were untouchable.

Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name
'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day, yeah

My hand tightens around my glass because I remember I was wrong. How childish of me to think we'd never lose. I lost my family in this fight. Just hearing their names... I feel sobs rise in my chest at the thought of them. I can no longer rely on them for help, I can no longer hear them.

One day though. One day I'll join them.

Everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody hurts someday, ayy ayy

God, it fucking hurts so bad. I don't know what to do or where to go or what my next steps should be. I don't know why I got to live while the only family I had got to suffer. All of them did in some way. Although, I suppose I'm suffering now. I just don't understand why this had to happen.

But everything gon' be alright
Go and raise a glass and say, ayy

All I understand know is how to raise my glass to them, my only way of honoring their memory because all I want to do anymore is get shit faced everyday.

Here's to the ones that we got

Here's another one. To the ones who ended up on top.
Bruce being comfortable on his skin.
Scott and Clint who got to be with their families.
Brunhilde who would bring Asgard to prosperity.