Runaway {Sam x Reader} (Part 2 to Memories)

Kind of a second part to the last chapter

I was listenin' to the ocean
I saw a face in the sand

I sit on the beach at sunrise, feeling the warm breeze through my hair, hearing the oceans crash. It's serene. I look around in the beach. In the distance, I think I see someone familiar. Her red hair is a dead give away, and the man she's with looks as smug as ever. I get up, and sprint towards them.

But when I picked it up
Then it vanished away from my hands, down

"Nat! Tony!" I yell, getting nearer and nearer, a wide smile breaking out on my face. "Guys, I can't believe it's..." I touch Natashas shoulders and they both dissolve like sand through my fingers. "...you." Next thing I know I'm falling through a void.

I had a dream I was seven
Climbing my way in a tree

I land on my back roughly, but don't feel it. When I look, I realize I'm on the forest floor. I look up when I hear the snap of a branch. "Steve?" He's climbing a tree. I get up and follow him.

I saw a piece of heaven
Waiting impatient for me, down

The higher I get, the more it seem the clouds seems to surrounds us, and the sun shines on us. "Hurry up, (Y/n)." Steve calls down fo me. "Steve, slow down!" I beg, but he doesn't. He keeps going, too fast for me to catch up. I grab a branch, but it snaps. I start falling once again with a screams.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?

My body spasms as if I've been startled. I realize it was a dream, and I'm still at the table, still surrounded by the stench of alcohol and it's bottles. I've been drinking to run from my grief, but know it was chasing me in my dreams. How much further could I run?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

I can't stop. I can't stop drinking. I know it's a problems, I know I need to face my problems in a healthy manner, but I can't stop. The dreams...well I can feel them again, I can run freely, happily. Rain and sun and sand and snow and there's no pain. Not until now. I decide it's a fluke, find another beer, and drink it. Since I'm already pretty drunk, I easily pass out again.

But now take me home
Take me home where I belong

I want to go home. But I can't anymore. My home doesn't exists anymore. They were my home.

I can't take it anymore

I can't take it, I'm not strong enough to get through the pain.

I was painting a picture
The picture was a painting of you and

I'm paining. I'm not good at it, but the person in it is clear. Vision.

For a moment I thought you were here
But then again, it wasn't true, down

"I think it's quite good." A voice says next to me. Loki? I tense, and whirl to my side where I heard the voice. It sounded like he was right next to me, but no one's here. Why? Why is this happening? They're supposed to go away now. Why aren't they going away?

"Stop it! Stop it! Leave me alone!" I scream into the forest, nothing around to hear me. The ground beneath me opens up, and I'm falling yet again. This time I hear a voice calling me name. "(Y/n)! (Y/n), wake up!" Much to my displeasure, I do.

And all this time I have been lyin'
Oh, lyin' in secret to myself

"The fuck do ya want?" I slur, haphazardly. Sunlight comes in through the windows, indicating it's already morning. It feels like I never slept. "Is morning? Time for breakfast?" I groan, reaching for the first bottle I spot. "No! No, (Y/n)!" My perpetrator takes it from me, causing me to whine in protest. I look at the person, rubbing my bleary eyes. It's Sam. "God, (Y/n). You look horrible. When was the last time you slept in a bed? Drank water? Ate? Showered?"