New Friends

A/N: half idea/inspo creds to Im_a_dam_Jedi because its his/her/their/other idea but i found inspiration on top of that. Anyways.

College AU where Ahsoka has lekku and is made fun of. Also, Anakin can't be there to protect her all the time since he's a senior. "What comes next?"

Enjoy!

***

The prospect of attending the first day at a new school is terrifying. It always has been, and always will be.

As Ahsoka walks towards the front doors of the University of Virginia, her emotions are scattered. She knows she looks different from everyone else. Although she'd been told that people here on Earth were kind, being mocked was concrete. Lekku was a foreign concept to people; in fact, most of these students had most likely never heard of lekku before, much less seen them.

On the other hand, it was a fresh start. A clean slate. She was bound to meet new people, learn new things, and make new friends. There would be no intergalactic war, and no irritating Jedi Masters constantly breathing down her neck.

Most people say high school or college were the happiest times of their lives. Ahsoka could only hope that was true. High school on Shili had certainly been interesting, to say the very least.

As the 18-year-old continued to make her way towards the front of the school, someone pounced on her, wrapping their strong, comforting arms around her.

Anakin.

"Skyguy!" Ahsoka squealed, dropping her suitcase in surprise.

"Hey, Snips," Anakin chuckled, "Took you long enough to get here."

"Oh hush, you," she returned, the faintest of smirks painted on her face. But the giddy expression soon dropped,  worries flooding her conscience once more. "Anakin," Ahsoka asked seriously, "What's it like here? In a university on Earth?"

"It's great, actually," Skywalker returned without any hesitation. "The students are kind, and accepting; the teachers, for the most part, are very responsible and assign us lots of homework — but that's college for you; the facilities and their staff members are also great; the orchestra program, as well as many others, is top-notch. It's a great experience. If I'm being honest, I'm kind of disappointed that I'm graduating this year. My childhood is officially over." (I know nothing about post-secondary education, please don't come at me)

A light, carefree laugh spilled out of Ahsoka's mouth as all of her fears disintegrated, blown away by the gentle breeze.

All too soon, her alarm went off. It was time to get settled in university.

***

Ahsoka had already received all critical information from the school in an official-looking email.

Ahsoka Tano

Locker Number: 520
Dormitory: 246
Term One Class Schedule:
1. Calculus UL1
2. Orchestra UL1
3. English UL1

Class Itinerary:
      Block One: 9:30 am - 10:45 am
      Block Two: 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
      Lunch: 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm
      Block Three: 1:40 pm - 2:55 pm