Chapter Twenty-Six

The next time I woke up it was because of my stomach growling. I looked over, feeling my cheeks heat, as Jonah chuckled. My head was resting on his arm but he was laying on his side staring down at me.

As my cheeks felt even hotter I just knew I was blushing brightly. "Are you watching me? How long have you been awake?"

"A while. I wanted to watch my sleeping mate. You're almost even more beautiful in your sleep." He shook his head ruefully. "I don't even know how that's possible."

I bit my lip and looked away shyly. "Why didn't you wake me? What time is it even?"

"You needed your sleep. You were out around three hours, now. I guess I wore you out."

I gasped and shoved his chest playfully. "You did not!"

His laugh barreled through him so much my whole body was jostled. "Okay, okay. We wore each other out?"

I shook my head and huffed with a grin. "Keep it up, mister and it'll be a while before that happens again!"

Still laughing he raised his free hand in surrender. "Okay! I'll stop. Promise." His entire face was still alight with his humor.

I smiled up at him and leaned up to kiss him just as my stomach growled again. Groaning, I covered my face in embarrassment.

At his laugh, my fingers spread enough to see him. When I saw his smug smile my hand fell. "What exactly is that look for?"

"I told you I'd have you forgetting all about food."

I gasped and shoved him again, trying to hide my smile. "Jonah!"

He chuckled, kissed my nose, and then nuzzled my neck. After a few moments of him inhaling my scent, now entwined with his according to him, he leaned back to kiss me once more. "Let's go get you fed, my mate."

When I went to roll out of bed with him I groaned. Between everything that happened yesterday and then this morning my body was super sore. I was not looking forward to how sore I'd be tomorrow. They said the 2nd day was the worst.

At my groan, Jonah stopped and rushed to my side. "What? What's wrong?"

I smiled gently, though it felt more like a grimace. "I'm alright. Just sore." My eyes widened at the look on his face. "From yesterday."

He growled softly. "I knew I shouldn't have let us mate when you were still hurt."

"Stop. Don't do that. I wasn't that hurt and I don't regret anything we did. Just...didn't think about how sore my entire body would be today."

Leaning down to peck me on my lips he grinned wolfishly. That was the only way I could think to describe it. "Don't worry, Mine. I'll carry you anywhere you need to be for as long as you need."

I felt like there was a permanent blush on my face today. "Fine. Let's get dressed and get food...unless you wanna go grab some food for us and bring it back." The latter came out in a hopeful question.

A pout fell on his lips and it was both adorable and amusing. "I wanted to show you off, though."

I groaned. "Please. For me? It's already going to be super embarrassing whenever we do end up going down, knowing they'll all know what we've done."

"Baby, it really won't be that bad. They'll all be happy for us and envious. They would never make you feel embarrassed. Anyway, I already figured you'd want to stay here longer. I linked with one of our packmates still here to have some warm water brought up before you woke up. I'll grab it for you and fill the tub. Then, while you soak in your well-deserved bath I'll go get us food."