The Thunder Rolls

"C'mon, I left all my weapons at home," Tempest laughed as he gave Tubbo a light pat on the head. The boy in question huffed, but he didn't move away from Tempest's touch. Ranboo was looking for his bus pass everywhere in the small apartment. Michael was eating animal crackers on the floor, eyes staring up at the cartoon on the TV with colored blocks scattered around him.

"I get why you want to keep your identity a secret, but that outfit is not child safe," Tubbo responded as his hand tapped against the metal strapped around Tempest's arms that connected to his belt. It resembled suspenders, but Tempest would pull a gun on anyone who dared call them that with a dead stare behind his face mask.

"What's the worst that can happen?" Tempest replied as he gave a turn. Tubbo rolled his eyes as he pushed Tempest away to help Ranboo look for the bus pass.

Tempest gasped in offense, his head tilting to Michael who gave him an empty look. "Little M, you saw that, right? Your Dad is a monster."

Michael snorted before turning back to his show. Tempest's face grew in offense as he leaped onto the couch. Tempest rolled off the couch onto the ground, right behind Michael. Before the toddler could react, Tempest was tickling his sides. Michael bursted into giggling as he squirmed away from the grasp. "This is your punishment for laughing at me, Little M! Now, you shall laugh forever!"

"Tempest, don't hurt him!" Tubbo said as he looked on with a half amused, half panicked expression. Tempest turned back to Michael with a hidden grin. Tempest grabbed onto Michael's sides, springing to his feet. Tubbo made a sound of worry as Tempest threw Michael up in the air. Tubbo scrambled over to them as Tempest caught Michael. The toddler was filled with unbridled laughter while clapping his hands. Tubbo took Michael away from Tempest while looking over him for injuries. "If you're going to do dangerous things, wait for to me leave!"

"That wasn't dangerous, Tubs. I have done far worse things," Tempest explained in a sage voice. Tubbo gave him a level glare while Michael reached his hands towards Tempest. "I'm serious! I've been to a military camp, jumped out of a plane, and I once had to go to this awful high school where the lunch lady's power had some nasty effects. That woman killed the entire school. Half were poisoned but the other half-"

"Dear Prime, say no more," Ranboo said as he lifted up the card from where it was underneath a whole bunch of envelopes. Ranboo shook his head in desperation as his hands covered his ears. Tempest put his finger against his mask where his lips would be. It seemed not everyone had the stomach for Tempest's misadventures.

"I guess we'll be leaving. Emergency numbers on the fridge. We have stuff for spaghetti in the cabinets if we're not back by dinner. If we're out later than that, please give Michael a bath and make sure he brushed his teeth. Try to put him to bed by 10. I know anything earlier is pushing it with you," Tubbo said. Tempest froze up at the last sentence. It was true. Tempest was irresponsible when it came to sleeping. The problem was that it was true. The problem was Tubbo knew it was true. The problem was Tubbo knew Tempest enough to make such a factual assumption.

Tempest nodded robotically at the words as he took Michael back into his arms. The toddler rested against Tempest's hip as the former hero followed Ranboo and Tubbo to the front door. They stood their waving as Tempest shut the door before locking it. Michael kicked against Tempest's stomach to get Tempest to place him on the ground. Michael slapped Tempest's back before running backwards. Tempest stared at him oddly. Michael huffed as he came back to Tempest, repeating his previous actions with more frustration.

"Oh," Tempest muttered as he recognized what Michael was doing. Tempest leaned down to the ground while extending his arms to Michael. The boy smiled as he ran around the apartment. Tempest followed him around using minimal speed so he could stay behind Michael. The boy was giggling, tossing his head behind him to see where Tempest was. At once exchange, Michael tripped over the edge of the couch. Tempest shot forwards, his arms wrapping around Michael's waist to keep him from falling. Michael's feet kicked at the air as his body folded in on itself. Tempest leaned down as he plopped Michael to the ground, "You're it!"