28

A bouncing ball, squeaking athlete sneakers, and collective voices greeted the three men as they walked in the high school's gymnasium during the varsity basketball game

               A bouncing ball, squeaking athlete sneakers, and collective voices greeted the three men as they walked in the high school's gymnasium during the varsity basketball game. Sino was ahead of the other two men, darting his eyes around behind the dark lenses of the sunglasses, until he spotted the male individual he was there for. Sino nodded to the man standing on side of the court, shouting and clapping. One of the men separated to another side of the gym, while Sino and the other bodyguard walked to the man they were there for. Just as they approached, a high school male dunked the ball that sent the gymnasium in an uproar.

               "There we go!" The father standing exclaimed proudly, clapping hardly. The teen on the court struck his fist on his chest and pointed at his father, who returned the gesture.

               "Damn that boy can play." Sino sparked a conversation as he stood beside the father.

               The father glanced over at Sino, unfamiliar with him. "Yeah he is."

               "That's ya son?"

               Again he stared at Sino, wondering why a man he didn't know was asking him question. "Possibly."

               "Mm. Tell me som' thing Donovan..." Sino calling him by his identity made him scowl and feel another presence stand beside him. "Did you know the dude in red hoodie been followin' you all day?"

               Donovan looked forward discreetly at the bleachers and quickly spotted the man in red. "Didn't know he was followin' me. But I knew som' thing was off bout 'em. I mean, he reading a newspaper durin' a basketball game."

               "He a detective; a former colleague wit Keaz's sister. Y'know, the private investigator lookin' to lock you up for her brotha murder."

               Donovan held his scowl. "Ion' kno' shit bout no murder. You talkin' to the wrong man."

               "And what bout that female Shantey?" Sino asked. He pretended as if he didn't know her to see if Donovan would throw her under the bus. "I mean, she got the money. They can lock you up bout it. You think she gon' give a fuck bout you. She can bail herself out and pin it all on you. Y'know how them celebrities can be. They turn on they city quick."

               "I ain't got shit to do wit no murder." Donovan said not allowing Sino's words to turn him against somebody that literally changed his life, even with him being the reason for her pill addiction. "So tell that private investigator bitch she can suck my dick. I'm done talkin."