Ch 12

From the original story that I read, Prince Kyle had a closed off personality.

Not only was he cold to Ariel, the fake saint, but it also took quite a long time for him to open up to Camilla, the real saint.

But that didn’t mean he was narrow-minded.

Kyle was described as a capable successor at the level of Sword Master, and his leadership and judgment skills were also excellent.

He was not interested in women because his only interests were in swords and politics.

Until Camilla appeared and was portrayed as the first woman to draw his attention.

But why is he showing his interest in me?

“Saintess.”

I came to my senses when I heard his voice.

His red eyes were seeking an answer.

I tried to grasp his intentions, but I eventually asked back with an awkward expression,

“Is there anything you need from me?”

It was a small voice that only he could hear.

At my words, he frowned.

A cool scent came in from the tip of my nose, and his soft voice was heard in my ears,

“You’re a little strange today.”

His words struck me to the heart, but I answered him calmly,

“What do you mean?”

He furrowed his brows at my words.

“Was it when I conveyed the will of God, or was it when I interpreted the thunder bolt as a blessing?”

He knew I was a fake saint.

In fact, he was one of the main culprits who set me up as a fake saint along with Reyhas.

Then, I heard his cold voice,

Now that I’ve contributed to the banquet, I have nothing more to do, was it.”

Isn’t that a win-win for each other?

“The atmosphere had changed almost like that thunderbolt never happened”

Hearing him, I replied calmly,

“I just realized how I lived my life so far, so I’ve decided to change.”

I used the same ‘turning over a new leaf’ excuse that I once told Reyhas again.

“……”

A moment of silence flowed, and his low voice continued to be heard,

“I’m sure you haven’t forgotten your explanation today, have you?”

My shoulders flinched the moment I met his dark red eyes.

It was something that needed to be clarified, anxiety suddenly engulfed my mind.

He continued his words as I looked at him with an unknown expression,

“The proposal letter you sent me last time.”

And at that moment, I froze and looked up at him in surprise.

I knew that Ariel in the original story had an unrequited love for Prince Kyle. But…

‘I sent you a proposal letter?’

I couldn’t help but be flustered because I didn’t know about that.