Introductions and Backgrounds

Who would have thought that one single moment could change everything? Who would have thought that me, of all people, would fall in love? I guess that's just how the universe works. You become set in your ways, but then, in one instant, your whole world is flipped upside down. That's exactly how it was when I met her. She swooped in and changed everything. She made everything better. But...before I get into too much detail here, I should probably introduce myself and tell you just how this all started.

My name is Oliver Riley, and I'm a famous actor and singer. Yeah, you heard that right, an actor and singer. I've pretty much been a star my whole life, but as I've gotten older, I've realized that so many celebrities are only in it for money, fame, and looks. I can't tell you how many managers I've had that are like that, that includes my parents. Thank God, I'm not like that. I made a promise to myself years ago that I would never be like that. I want to make people smile through my work, not flaunt my wealth and status.

Though I want that, I really don't have a lot of control over my life. I have to do what my manager and parents want, which means going to red carpet premieres and going on dates with rich, self-absorbed, snotty teenage girls. So, yeah, being a teen star is not all sunshine and rainbows. But I've learned to tolerate it. I hate it, but I bear it. But I think you've heard enough about me.

Now, I think it's time to begin our story by telling you just how I ended up meeting her.

One day during the Summer, my friend Adam texted me and invited me to a pool party/ fight night. That basically means that we are all going to watch UFC and MMA matches on the projection screen in his backyard while we have a pool party. Honestly, I was pretty hesitant about going, considering my family and manager don't like me going to parties. But after some convincing by my friend Dex, I gave in and decided to go.

Adam's family is also pretty rich. His parents actually bought him his own mansion to live in, even though he is only 17. But, luckily, he isn't like your usual greedy, spoiled kid. He is very grateful to have grown up with so many things, and he doesn't show off in any way. That's probably why we get along so well. We both hate stuck-up people who pretend to be someone they're not and we both appreciate what we have and what has been given to us.

Dex is the same way, comes from a wealthy family, but has a heart for others. It's really nice to know that not all high-class kids are stingy and are brats. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have those two. They definitely help keep my sanity in check.

But going back to the pool party, It's a good thing I'm going to be in Adam's town for a few days, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to go. Dex and I live in Los Angeles, while Adam lives all the way across the country in Florida.

I put on regular concerts in Florida, so I actually get to see Adam constantly. It's good to know that I have a friend that's a stone's throw away whenever I'm in a different city. It brings me a small hint of peace in all the chaos. Hopefully, Adam's party won't get too out of hand. I would hate for the police to get called and for everyone to find out where I am. Maybe it won't come to that. I hope.

But! Now that I've caught you up on where I met the love of my life, I can tell you just how our story began to unfold.

And, it all started with that one pool party.