○ 14

The room was tepid, the bleak cream walls adorned with a whiteboard and simple clock that ticked away slowly.

The sound of the clock hand ticking ricocheted around the room piercing her ears deafeningly as the girl stared at the page in front of her.

One hand grasping the side of the desk as the other held the pen that sketched words the teacher told them to write as punishment for 'being out of class for longer than 15 minutes'.

"Detention" The teacher stated stubbornly, his head tilted slightly upwards in authority as he held a sour expression on his face.

She rolled her eyes, leaning back on her chair and staring up at the ceiling, gaze finding the random pen markings that laid on the panels from the students who tried to stick their pens into the roof.

The black ink stains becoming a focusing point for her as she drones out the ticking sound, the sound of her heartbeat becoming clear to her in the quiet room as her and two others sat in silence.

"I gotta go get something from my desk," the teacher on duty for detention said as he stood up from his seat, closing the computer down and making his way towards the door before stopping.
"I expect to have a full page done by the time I get back," he said before leaving the classroom.

The sound of a chair scrapping on the floor behind her filled the room but she didn't bother looking up. The sight of a figure walking past her peripheral didn't deter her stoic disposition as she continued to write down the words.

The sound of the door opening and closing meant the figure left the class room, only now leaving her and the other person- who just so happened to be Donghyuck.

It was silent, not a sound could be heard other than the ticking of the clock hung on the wall and the scratches of Donghyucks pen on his piece of paper.

Finishing her pages rather quickly, the girl diverted her attention to the window that displayed the outside world- the lack of cars in the car park indicating that a majority of students had already left.

A sigh left her lips as she moved her head down to lay on her folded arms, the warmth of the classroom encasing her in an embrace of serenity.

Her eyes drooping from the tiredness that washed over her as a yawn escapes her lips. She was seconds away from falling into a peaceful sleep when a loud sigh left the body of the boy behind her.

Her eyes opening up slowly in exasperation as a low groan fell from her, "I was just about to fall asleep."

"Well that's not my fault," Donghyuck states apathetically.

The girls head lifts up and turns slowly to look at the boy, eyes hooded in annoyance as she stares at his figure who was paying no attention to her.

"You were literally the one who sighed," she said indignant.

"Well you wouldn't have to be here listening to me sigh if you were on time."

"You were literally late too!" Both their voices started to raise at each other in annoyance. Eyes rolling on both ends as they look away from each other.

The tension grew thick in the room as the two sat there in silence. Heavy breathing expelled into the expanse as her blood pressure rose at the boy. This time it was her who let out an exasperated sigh as she looked back out the window.

"Gee, looks whose sighing now," Donghyuck said sarcastically and Mari rolled her eyes, dropping her chin onto her propped up palm and ignoring him.

The two sat like that for a while, it must have been about five minutes of pure silence before the teacher walked back in.

"I'm back-wait weren't there three of you?" The teacher asked as he stopped in his tracks.