Chapter 17

AN: So... I finally got what I want.

I have spent another 30 saint Quartz for × 10 multi rolls on FGO. I wasn't expecting anything but a 3 star Asclepius. Didn't expect Godjuna to drop.

So Maybe, this chapter has been influenced a bit because of my mood

I am not feeling SALTY anymore. 2 out of my 5 servant goals this year has already been in my Chaldea. Just need Merlin (Really needed him) Ishtar Avenger and Super Orion and I would be satisfied.

Note: I have 0 SQ remaining and I'm just a F2P player. Buying Saint Quartz in our country is so expensive. I can't afford it.

___________________

Chapter 17: Second Mission of the Unusualness and opening the gift

     The university that the special collaboration and gathering and exchange of knowledge would be held in New York. His father and his father's colleagues have arrived a few days earlier than the date of the start of the event.

Currently, Asner was staring at the bustling city through the sturdy glass pane. He, along with his father and his associates was staying in a hotel. His father was currently in the main lobby of the hotel right now, while Asner was staying in the room where he and his father checked in together. He was currently staring at the bustling scene of the city. Everything is so small and wonderful from this view up here. Maybe, it was the assurance of his flight Ability, that Asner doesn't feel dizzy or nauseous with viewing the city up here. He could only view it as wonderful and amazing. Asner found that he doesn't fear heights as he should be like before. The power of flight removes that.

Later, he was looking through the mysterious cellphone again and browsing through the information regarding SCPs again. Specifically, SCPs that were on his current mission.

The first and second mission is probably the easiest mission out of five. They both involve nonhostile SCPs who don't want to do anyone any harm. In the first mission, he could just need to be friends with the Chtulhu. Since Chtulhu is a gamer, he just need to play a game with him or do anything that was related to the game. On the other hand, the dimension hopper is a friendly guy. His mission involves him giving something to the reluctant dimension hopper. The system doesn't mention anything specific. So, anything would do.

Those two missions are the easiest. But they would probably take a while. Despite those 2 SCPs being harmless, the first mission would be probably troublesome. Asner may or may not become affected with Chtulhu Cognito hazard effects. And there were also the special mobile task force soldiers that were specifically assigned to him and kept him contained and dealt with his troubles. And finally, there were also his cult followers who engages in variously violent and disgusting acts and practices.

As much as he likes to befriend Chtulhu, maybe next time... once he knows where is he located and he can deal with his various troubles.

For the second one, he also doesn't know where the site is SCP 507 is located or contained. There was also his problem of dimension-hopping. Asner wasn't even certain if he was currently in this world or a different dimension. If Asner put some patience and effort, he would eventually manage to find the reluctant dimension hopper. But he was afraid that he can't afford it right now. For some reason, the missions don't have a duration.

He doesn't know if it meant indefinite or a very short time. Other than that, Asner was having an urgent need to buy that ability and strengthen his abilities as soon as possible. It has probably had to do with him being given an SCP designation. Being designated was giving him a bad feeling. It was probably a sign that the foundation would be on his trails soon. He doesn't want to end up being hunted by the foundation nor does he want to be hunted by the Global Occult Coalition. The latter was even a worst-case scenario.

After contemplating a bit on his choices, Asner decided to postpone it for a moment. Speaking of the designation, Asner just remembered that he was rewarded with 10,000 points and that surprise me as a gift.

Since he was currently struggling with the worse 3 remaining choices, he decided to open the gift. Hopefully, something good would come out of it and help with his decision. Those last 3 missions are generous with their rewards. Asner knows that he was risking his life by choosing between one of those last 3 missions.

Gritting his teeth, Asner close his eyes and commanded the system.

{ System, open the surprise my gift. }

{ Are you a certain host? }

The monotone and robotic voice of the system asked.

After a few moments of thinking, Asner paused and decided to browse the system's shop panel. After a few minutes of looking into it, he didn't find what he is looking for.

There is no luck booster abilities or item in the shop. Sighing, there's no way for him to cheat his luck. Asner then decided to open the mysterious cellphone again and look for any methods to increase his luck. After a while, he finally decided on one of the methods that he found on the internet. Some people on the internet said that it was effective. Asner knows that it was stupid of him to believe in those people and the superstitions. But it was better to put his hope onto something than think pessimistically.

{ System, I'm ready. Open the surprise me gift now. }

{ Confirming... }

Asner gulped as the voice of the system echoed inside his mind.

{ Opening the surprise me gift.. }

Asner can feel his heart beating up fastly. Suddenly, he was reminded of those several PTSD situations of his past life. The traumatic experience of playing Gacha games. Asner was feeling various conflicting emotions right now. Anxiousness, excitement, fear, and hope.

It feels like Asner took a very long time in waiting for the surprise me the gift to open, but it only took a minute.

Asner froze when the voice of the system resounded and the hologram screens appeared to show what he got.

{ Congratulations Host, you have been rewarded with Eye of Hunt Level 5, Myriad Transformation Level 3, and Astral Projection Level 2 }

Asner's knees involuntarily gave up and he found himself on the floor. Surprise, he found himself with tears in his eyes.

He learned that he ended up crying with joy.

{ Host emotions are fluctuating... }

{ Does System need to override the Host? }

Asner shook his head and wiped his tears. He was just having tears of joy and now he was feeling embarrassed because of it. After a while, he decided to read over the abilities and the automatic manual of using them when it comes to those abilities.

Asner has now decided what Mission would he get.