One hundred and fourteen

"Hey," Erin and Meredith smiled as Amelia walked over to the OR board on the first of July.

It was new intern day and Erin had come back to work two months ago, as had Meredith. Erin had the twins with her right now, as she had a spare hour and was missing them already, while Archie and Zola were in pre-k and Rueben was in the daycare playing with Bailey. Ellis was napping in the daycare, so Meredith had left her there, but the twins had been wide awake and Erin couldn't just leave them there because they were too cute.

"Just finished my corpectomy. Did I miss it?" Amelia asked, rubbing her name off the board.

"No, you're good," Erin smiled, rubbing Jasmine's back in the twin carrier as she looked around the OR floor with wide eyes.

The twins had grown a lot since they were born. They had masses of blonde hair, much more than the boys had ever had at five months, and it was more of Erin's blonde than Arizona's. They also had blue eyes, but Arizona had been saying they were changing to green for the past few days. They both had chubby cheeks and Arizona's dimples, which made Erin smile every time they smiled at them.

Meredith's phone beeped, pulling Erin out of her baby trance.

"Wow. That was fast," Meredith said.

"What was fast?" Erin asked.

"I put out feelers with a real-estate agent about the house, and looks like I got an offer," Meredith said.

"You're selling the house?" Amelia asked.

"No. I-I don't know. Maybe," Meredith said awkwardly.

"Why do people constantly feel the need to kill their arteries?" Maggie walked over, wiping her name off the board. "Are they here yet?" she asked.

"Oh, did I miss it? Tell me I didn't miss it," Callie asked, jogging over to join them.

"Nope. I almost forgot," Maggie said.

"I can't wait to see the beads of sweat on their freaked-out little faces," Callie said.

"Oh, man. Did I miss it?" Alex asked.

"Nope," they chorused.

"I want to see someone crap... actually crap," Alex said.

"Seen it, smelled it. Not as fun as you'd think," Callie said.

"Yeah. I've had enough of crap for a lifetime with four kids," Erin said.

"You did that to yourself," Alex smirked at her.

"You change their diapers as much as Arizona and I do. They start crying after a nap and you're the first one to get them. You love them as much as we do," Erin laughed.

"Shut up," Alex said, a blush on his cheeks.

"It's happening! The baby chicks and ducks are here!" Arizona ran past them, grabbing Erin's hand and pulling her and the twins with her to the OR viewing room.

"Each of you today comes here hopeful, wanting in on the game," Richard Webber stepped into the OR with the new interns, making all of the surgeons lean closer to look down. "A month ago, you were in med school, being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The five years you spend here as surgical residents will be the best and worst of your lives. They will... You have a question?" he frowned at a woman with her hand up.

"Yes. Why?" she said.

"Uh, you raised your hand," Richard frowned.

"No, I'm sorry. I mean why will these be the best and worst years of our lives?" she asked.